Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see what everyone thinks about "The Marriage Ref?"

I'll admit, I was very skeptical. I thought this was going to be another one of those reality shows that takes couples in really bad situations (with serious problems) and sensationalizes it for their profit.

I caught some of it last night though, and I was pleasantly surprised. It seems like a light hearted jab at the stupid things many couples bicker over. I found myself laughing quite a few times. I like the fact that the couples aren't "on the brink of divorce" over the issues, and the comedic slant put on them can make both sides laugh.

Sometimes it's good to "lighten up" about things and not take ourselves so seriously. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I too tuned in last night to see what the hype was about. I enjoyed the comedic take on it and they all seemed to be good sports.

Does it tackle the real issues? No, but it is light hearted and made me take a step back and say, what if those cameras were in my house, would we really fight about dirty socks and paint colors?

All in all, nice to see something positive on tv and I love Jerry Seinfield!

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
We caught part of the first episode and found it better than expected. The couple with the stuffed dog were way over the top and pretty much playing for the camera. Harmless enough for entertainment value so far.

Alec Baldwin giving out marriage advice is laughable in itself. :rofl:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I missed the episode with Alec Baldwin. I am not sure I will watch the episode with Madonna either. Neither had successfull marriages, so it seems odd that they would offer up advice...

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
I missed the episode with Alec Baldwin. I am not sure I will watch the episode with Madonna either. Neither had successfull marriages, so it seems odd that they would offer up advice...

Some of the most freely given advice about how to raise my kids comes from people who don't have any. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.