Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't there before, but now I wonder how to use it or even when... I wonder if I look like a douche who doesn't give out any likes or something too lol

I dunno

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
It wasn't there before, but now I wonder how to use it or even when... I wonder if I look like a douche who doesn't give out any likes or something too lol

I dunno
It doesn't matter -do what you want to do. Some here do not use it at all - One guy here , a poster I really respect - I noticed one day he has only given out a total of 4.... and one of my posts was one of those. Boy did I ever feel SPECIAL that day .

Another poster I think alot of .... sees the whole feature as stupid... I see where he is coming from too..... personally -if given a choice....I'd rather receive a feedback comment over a LIKE anyday....I tend to see Likes as a lazy man's click. Though they're still nice to receive, not complaining here. :)

Then some Like almost everything they read....I've noticed if one goes to the Social Section, you'll rack them up like WILDFIRE ... ..they are very LIKEABLE over there! Humor seems to get more LIKES over seriousness at TAM. Though for me, I give more on the basis of serious -over humor..

Just LIKE what you LIKE....if you even feel like Liking. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if a particular post peaks my interest or makes me laugh I normally quote them and respond lol

So I guess I can get away with not 'liking' then yes? :)
Without feeling like I'm being rude or some such? heh

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Well if a particular post peaks my interest or makes me laugh I normally quote them and respond lol

So I guess I can get away with not 'liking' then yes? :)
Without feeling like I'm being rude or some such? heh
I do not find it rude in the least, heck no!! I like your way of doing more so -- yeah... the feedback. That is the coolest ! ;)

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Giving/receiving "likes" are definitely nice; but receiving feedback to your posts, albeit of a positive or even a constructively negative nature, seems to mean so very much more!

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
We need an eject button...or do I mean a 'reject' button?
Too many would be hurt & offended by this- to the point they'd say "screw TAM". If that was ever offered, I would not even partake in it....

I would think the majority of posters already take the time to let another know they disagree ...or reject , going on to explain the why's/ their position.... as it should be. That's what makes forums interesting...keeps us coming back for more.

I'd prefer to hear a thought out explanation WAY above a reject button.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Before TAM had a "Like" button, people complained about others quoting whole posts and then using the "I agree" icon. Liking is indeed a shortcut to agreement and appreciation of humor.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Before TAM had a "Like" button, people complained about others quoting whole posts and then using the "I agree" icon. Liking is indeed a shortcut to agreement and appreciation of humor.
...this.....+100

the "like" is to keep idiots like me from clogging up active threads with comments like I wrote above (I use those on Mustang sites)......:D

I actually use it to show agreement, or to acknowledge a well thought through and written narrative.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.