Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so there is nothing funny about the pandemic. But most people use humor to help them handle bad situations.... That what this thread is for. If you see something humorous about what we are all going through post it here.

I'm starting the thread with some great advice from Pluto...

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
I’m really happy that you lot are finding things to laugh about.
I’m over in London and things took a really bad downturn on Friday.
Harrod’s announced they were closing their store including the restaurant!
I live just across the street from them and me and my daughter eat lunch there every day.
My wife told me she’ll cook ☹
Now I’m really worried.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Positive goodies: My kids check on me regularly. Three different neighbors have emailed, texted, or hollered to see how I am. Two long-time friends have called and we had good phone visits. I 'attended' at least parts of three different church services on line this morning. My church has put me on their call list to see if I needed anything. Others keep in touch electronically too.

I certainly feel blessed and cared for--even if I'm a bit lonely for real touch. It has been fun to watch the game show channel and test my abilities--never done that channel before. I watched virtual NASCAR this morning.

My cat has enough food/snacks to last until at least Thanksgiving--resorted to storing such under my bed after I realized he can't open the packages and I'm short of room. Pluto has no worries as I'm finding too many snacks within reach and will not be disturbing his.

The stuff in my freezer will be used as I have no excuse to not cook which I don't enjoy so much anymore. My plans to paint pics are on hold as I have the supplies, but can't figure out where as rain is consistently suggesting I need more sleep than action.

'Tis uplifting to see the caring and sharing implemented all around me. (I won't mention those who flaunt the issues (many young and restless) as to me this is serious.) Hugs to TAM.

·
Super Moderator
28,151 Posts
Ok, so there is nothing funny about the pandemic. But most people use humor to help them handle bad situations.... That what this thread is for. If you see something humorous about what we are all going through post it here.

I'm starting the thread with some great advice from Pluto...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bwLxHm9GB0
That is so cute! Ad I am pretty certain that's the advice a dog would given to humans! :D

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
As an introvert this crisis is right up my alley! Social distancing is something I have been practicing for years. The added benefit now is no one will unexpectedly show up at my house. No one will invite me anywhere so I don't have to come up with lame excuses why I can't go. I was thinking I should start dating but thankfully the stress of that has been erased.

An introvert is use to doing without. I can't tell you how many times I have needed to make a trip to the store and just decided not to. Toilet paper? Hell I can make a roll last a month! Food? Great time to start a diet plan. Holidays? Gosh none of my sister's traditional mac & cheese Easter dinner! lol

The world has finally quieted down to my style. (just teasing...sort of)

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts
1 - 20 of 74 Posts