Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of people on her always talk about putting things on somebody phone so they can see who they call or installing key logger ECT ECT,so in the eyes of the court which you may be infront of when you get a divorce how legal is all that.In court you have to say you did it or that could lead to more problems

If a spouse finds out and brings a law suit it seems thems may go bad for the other spouse.

Ithink some stuiff like this law enfocement even needs specail permission to do,so it will be intresting when court cases start.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Definitely an interesting question. I've always just assumed that for most married people, the tech in the home is essentially community property. So...I don't see a legal issue. Of course, I don't know much about law...

·
Registered
71 Posts
How many times have you heard of BS having problem with the law about such things.
But there is a solution to this problem if you are thinking that you may be have trouble with the law
Don't share your plans with anyone
Don't buy the stuff with credit card , only cash.
Buy them from remote locations .
Don't leave fingerprints on them .
NEVER NEVER reveal to your spouse your sources or what you did
And when you are in front off a judge LIE .

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I say its up the the person,but people need to think. I am of the mind that if you have to do all that ITs OVER,so move on. If I was a cheater I would check everything after being on this site and I bet there are people on here who are cheating doing just that.

Its going to happen if it has not already and people get stupid and get caught doing things,the jails are full of them. If you lie and they find out it called perjury and that could lead to some jail time.

I can see it now,Well Mr.jones how do you know all this info,your honor oh well I just do,not going to fly.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There are actually two separate things here: one is what the laws technically are in your state, and the other is what the judge (family court) and law enforcement will accept and listen to.

When I got my D, my attorney enlightened me to a couple of facts. One was how the local cops actually behaved when a spouse would pull "dirty tricks" such as false abuse charges (they always hauled the husband off, even if he was the one beat up and bloody and the wife was holding a machete). Even if recording everything (without notifying the other party) was technically illegal in my state, it was highly advised because that was the only thing that got the cops to eventually listen and discredit false charges brought against a couple of her clients, and she had *never* seen the legality of it even considered in all her years.

The other thing she opened my eyes to was how a lot of stuff that I might try to bring up in court wouldn't matter a whit. When I thought that my wife's BDSM-escapades and one-sided forced-open marriage might matter in that small-town, bible-belt country location and help me avoid getting shafted, she sadly set me straight and informed me that the judges had seen so much of that stuff they they normally ignored it completely unless I could show the kids were directly exposed to it.

Considering that you two are currently married, you can probably do things without reproach that the cops can't. Best thing you can do is find a lawyer who really knows your local courts and cops well, and ask a bunch of questions about how things really work, what to do, and what you can safely get away with.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think if you end up losing a bunch of money in a court case or get thrown in jail because of something you did thinking it was OK,then you will give more of a fly f**k .

If you know what is going on and you got the eveidence why keep playing James bond for weeks/months,put it out there and decide what you want to do.Plus it looks like in most States all the stuff people have can't be used in court anyway during a divorce.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Hmmm, lose money or get thrown in jail. Sounds scary. Unless one has already lost money and done time. Then it's not that much of a scare tactic. Sorry, I didn't give a flying f**k as I got my information. So... What's your story dubbizle?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
So if it can't be used, what does it matter if the betrayed does it or not? If it is done so that THEY know the whole story, what difference does it make? Sounding more and more like waywards trying to weasel out of getting caught, IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
This is kinda amusing for me. Rightful people are so very afraid of being caught something "ilegal". But real criminals laugh at the western judicial systems because they know they get mostly slaps on the wrist for some serious crimes. This while our courts get swamped with complaints and appeals.

This is some seriously wrong state of affairs right there. The judicial system is supposed to protect law abiding citizens. Not stop them from exacting justifiable justice while giving all rights to criminals.

·
Banned
9,914 Posts
A number of people on her always talk about putting things on somebody phone so they can see who they call or installing key logger ECT ECT,so in the eyes of the court which you may be infront of when you get a divorce how legal is all that.In court you have to say you did it or that could lead to more problems

If a spouse finds out and brings a law suit it seems thems may go bad for the other spouse.

Ithink some stuiff like this law enfocement even needs specail permission to do,so it will be intresting when court cases start.
#1 the RULES for law enforcement and spouses are very very different.

Law Enforcement is limited in what it can do because society fears abuse from it. LE is an extension of the government and as such is limited by strict laws on what it can gather and discover.

Regular people are not subject to those same rules.

--

When you go to court to divorce a cheating spouse you are not there to provide evidence as in a criminal case. Divorce is a civil matter and the rule for evidence are different.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
So it was by coincitence that me and my WW were at the same place at the same time.

The keylogger was in place to protect the kids from preditors.

The GPS was in place to protect the car when stolen.

The VAR...what VAR???????
Don't forget the GPS on the phone in case it got stolen as well. ;)

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
One thing to consider is that much of what is owned in a marriage is "marital property". So no matter who calls it "mine" or who bought it, it belongs to both people equally. This would include vehicles, cell phones, and computers.

I think you COULD get in trouble if you started mucking with your spouse's work equipment. And there was a recent article about PI's hired by a suspicious spouse not being able to track or bug a vehicle that the suspicious spouse couldn't prove an interest in, but that just makes sense.

C
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
There could be a legal problem. Look into stalking laws. Some states are pretty severe.

I don't know what it takes, just know my wife's uncle went to prison for stalking his ex. Of coarse he broke parole (left his state to find her), had duct tape, shovel and gun in the car too, so it was a 'no brainer'.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In reality this is not about the law.

I actually agree that if the 'relationship' digresses to the point where you have to do all that snooping, then the marriage is over.

But people don't snoop for the law or the court's sake. They want closure, they are in pain, and there is a little pride and ego issue where they have to find out what it is about the other person that is better than them!

We wanna know dammit!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
By the way, snooping doesn't violate any civil laws. As far as taping conversations go, as long as one of the parties on the phone knows its being recorded, you're good.

Now if you are tapping into their phones and listening in on their conversations with others, you have an Invasion of Privacy lawsuit.

Also any property in a home is considered community property which means the wife has just as much right to look at a phone's text messages as the husband.

My brother is in the army and he cheated on his wife and she stole his car drove it halfway across the country, had it stripped and the police said she had every right to do that even though the car nor the insurance aren't in her name. Just the fact that she is his wife. The Army said they could do something since she lived on the base, but he would have to face charges for adultery if he pursued it, so he dropped it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.