Talk About Marriage banner

81 - 100 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
After the Muller investigation for collusion with Russia.

I don't think President Trump would ask for help with political rival
on a phone call which he knows is being monitored, Sneaky people
usually don't do things that are very obvious. They may hide in the
basement, or misuse the FISA court system.

TDS is real and when the articles of impeachment passed Nancy Pelosi
had to stop the applause from the Democrats. ( Watch the video ) Now
they want to run things in the Senate. Impeachment cries since day one.
Now they have their articles of impeachment. Take them to the Senate unless
they feel their case is weak. This is what they have been talking about now
proceed!!

They didn't want to wait on the next election,what are they waiting on now ?
The American people are waiting on the next election.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think it's great. If they can impeach a president just for getting a blow job seems like contacting a foreign government to investigate US citizens instead of using US systems is a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
7,401 Posts
@Marduk ...impartiality? really?

So Pelosi says "We have been working on this for the past 2 1/2 years."
The So Called crime took place in June of 2019.
How do you work on something that won't happen for the next 30 months?

It's terrible sham.
Wile E. Pelosi has admitted that the Democrats have time travel!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hillary had been investigated for 20 years, so yeah, poor Trump and his 2.5 years, unprecedented witch hunt and all that.
We need to remember that we live in a time and age where all is fair in love and war. This politicians are public figures and investigating them is probably a very good thing. Us regular folks now have the opportunity to really see how the folks that lead our government truly are, warts and all. Maybe, just maybe, we now can actually cast our votes with no hidden cards from us. Maybe now we can make better decisions on who to put in our 3 branches of government and not just listen to what certain individuals pay the mass media to feed us their **** sandwiches. There are folks out there that are legit and won't get bought by dirty money deals!

The Clintons are bad news. Trump isn't the greatest either. America and the world knows this. Many senators and representatives are shady as hell too. We now have tools to not be fooled by any of these political rats!

Let's not forget that power corrupts. Even the most ethical and decent of folks can become corrupted in the blink of an eye. It behooves the American people to remain wide eyed and vigilant as to who we give the power to govern OUR republic!

·
Premium Member
7,401 Posts
We need to remember that we live in a time and age where all is fair in love and war. This politicians are public figures and investigating them is probably a very good thing. Us regular folks now have the opportunity to really see how the folks that lead our government truly are, warts and all. Maybe, just maybe, we now can actually cast our votes with no hidden cards from us. Maybe now we can make better decisions on who to put in our 3 branches of government and not just listen to what certain individuals pay the mass media to feed us their **** sandwiches. There are folks out there that are legit and won't get bought by dirty money deals!

The Clintons are bad news. Trump isn't the greatest either. America and the world knows this. Many senators and representatives are shady as hell too. We now have tools to not be fooled by any of these political rats!

Let's not forget that power corrupts. Even the most ethical and decent of folks can become corrupted in the blink of an eye. It behooves the American people to remain wide eyed and vigilant as to who we give the power to govern OUR republic!
I agree with all of this other than the statement that Trump isn't the greatest either.

Of all Presidents in my lifetime, he is absolutely the best.

That includes the fact that he hasn't violated the Constitution a single time in any way that anyone can demonstrate... unlike pretty much every other President I've lived under.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I agree with all of this other than the statement that Trump isn't the greatest either.

Of all Presidents in my lifetime, he is absolutely the best.

That includes the fact that he hasn't violated the Constitution a single time in any way that anyone can demonstrate... unlike pretty much every other President I've lived under.
It is great that we can agree to disagree. For me, a president can't be shady in anything he does in his personal, business, and most certainly while he represents us as leader of this great country. We need to request more outstanding leaders in every aspect of their lives. We are settling for so little and giving less than decent politicians too much power that goes way over their heads and only inflates their already big, hungry egos because they have the means to bulldoze their opponents with shady deals, lies and hyperbole.

·
Registered
19,145 Posts
@Marduk ...impartiality? really?

So Pelosi says "We have been working on this for the past 2 1/2 years."
The So Called crime took place in June of 2019.
How do you work on something that won't happen for the next 30 months?

It's terrible sham.
They took vows.

They plan on breaking them. And yet you think it’s ok. I guess that says a lot about the importance of someone’s word to you.

The ethics here are simple. He deserves a fair trial, but he won’t get one.

Because if he did, he’d be found guilty.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Marduke,

Yes, there are two charges. However, neither article of impeachment alleges a federal crime. There is no specific crimes mentioned. Perhaps you should read them again and let us know what specific crimes are being mentioned.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Because if he did, he’d be found guilty.
You forgot, "And by gosh, ain't no amount of exculpatory evidence will convince me otherwise!"

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Hillary had been investigated for 20 years, so yeah, poor Trump and his 2.5 years, unprecedented witch hunt and all that.
But Hillary is covered in non-stick coating. She was never to be prosecuted for anything. And guess what....she still ain't the president.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I think it's great. If they can impeach a president just for getting a blow job seems like contacting a foreign government to investigate US citizens instead of using US systems is a no brainer.
Clinton lied to Congress under oath. That was the impeachment. Not a blow job. Get it straight LOL

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Show me one thing that proves that he did not obstruct congress or that he abused power.
In Nixon's and Clinton's defense, neither kept administrative personnel from testifying before congressional committees.

Trump thumbed his nose at the House leadership by strictly forbidding his employees to testify before them, including when being served by a legal congressional subpoena!

It could literally take years for the House to go through the appellate process to compel that testimony!

In the Impeachment Trial, that is effectively cut out since Chief Justice John Roberts would be the sole arbiter of Law and legal procedure, excepting shutting off debate which can be done anytime by a simple majority of 51, and not at the individual whim or behest of either Moscow Mitch or Leningrad Lindsay!

Furthermore, there is no appeal that can be raised to any appellate court or to the Supreme Court, by litigants of either side, on the verdict itself or on any legal issue!

Sure, the Dems ain't going to be anywhere close to being able to convict with a supermajority of 67, but as in other impeachment hearings, they can get their witnesses and can subpoena documentation in there at the call of the Chief Justice, once the trial effectively begins!

·
Premium Member
7,401 Posts
It is great that we can agree to disagree. For me, a president can't be shady in anything he does in his personal, business, and most certainly while he represents us as leader of this great country. We need to request more outstanding leaders in every aspect of their lives. We are settling for so little and giving less than decent politicians too much power that goes way over their heads and only inflates their already big, hungry egos because they have the means to bulldoze their opponents with shady deals, lies and hyperbole.
Ok, I agree he's not a choir boy, but to whom are you comparing him? As a President he is way more honest and transparent than any previous one in my recollection, which goes back to Kennedy.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Ok, I agree he's not a choir boy, but to whom are you comparing him? As a President he is way more honest and transparent than any previous one in my recollection, which goes back to Kennedy.
To any decent man out there politician or not. If a person wants to represent the American masses, wouldn't it be one that is respectable in any way, shape or form? Anything less would be settling for what we have to pick from. Why do we have such poor candidates to pick from?

Two major political parties in this country choose who our candidates will be. They are candidates groomed to fit the corrupt party members over and over again. Fresh decent blood is not groomed because it doesn't agree with a select few that use government offices to gain something for themselves and not for our nation.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
To any decent man out there politician or not. If a person wants to represent the American masses, wouldn't it be one that is respectable in any way, shape or form? Anything less would be settling for what we have to pick from. Why do we have such poor candidates to pick from?

Two major political parties in this country choose who our candidates will be. They are candidates groomed to fit the corrupt party members over and over again. Fresh decent blood is not groomed because it doesn't agree with a select few that use government offices to gain something for themselves and not for our nation.
And it's all referred to as "tribalism," the inability and/or the unwillingness to work and bargain with members of the opposing political party!

81 - 100 of 534 Posts