Talk About Marriage banner

61 - 80 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Or, perhaps, they were right to call you a bigot because you actually were, and couldn’t face it. Nor could you face the transition of the old order to the new one.

The is not a transition into anarchy - it’s a rejection of the old version of order, perhaps.

But at the end of the day, truth is truth. You, I, and everyone else knows what kind of man Trump actually is, because he keeps telling us.

Perhaps some can live with a comfortable lie.
Just to be clear, I am speaking of a general example of human experience, not my own experience.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If Nancy Pelosi doesn't send the articles of impeachment to the Senate then

what impeachment is there ? President Trump gets a fair trial right ? If there was

a impeachable offense/crime is she obstructing justice? Obstructing the Senate ?

Abuse of power ? Buyers remorse maybe ? Just a political smear job maybe ?

Impeachment , impeachment since day one. Got it, now send it to the Senate.

That is what the constitution says, time to put up or shut up now.

A quick google search will answer your questions:

Some progressives have urged Democratic leaders to withhold the articles until Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, agrees to the parameters for the Senate trial that Democrats have called for, as well as agreeing to bring in firsthand witnesses like acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to testify.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/18/politics/nancy-pelosi-sending-impeachment-articles-senate/index.html

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has said she wants to see a fair trial in the Senate and signaled she may delay immediately sending over the articles of impeachment passed on Wednesday to the Senate until procedures are established. Earlier Thursday, Pelosi told reporters she wanted to know the process before deciding how many house managers to send. The managers act as prosecutors in an impeachment trial and the Speaker has wide latitude to determine who will serve as a manager and how many managers to send.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/19/trump-impeachment-congress-reconvenes-amid-uncertainty-timeline/2695207001/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,718 Posts
A quick google search will answer your questions:

Some progressives have urged Democratic leaders to withhold the articles until Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, agrees to the parameters for the Senate trial that Democrats have called for, as well as agreeing to bring in firsthand witnesses like acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to testify.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/18/politics/nancy-pelosi-sending-impeachment-articles-senate/index.html

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has said she wants to see a fair trial in the Senate and signaled she may delay immediately sending over the articles of impeachment passed on Wednesday to the Senate until procedures are established. Earlier Thursday, Pelosi told reporters she wanted to know the process before deciding how many house managers to send. The managers act as prosecutors in an impeachment trial and the Speaker has wide latitude to determine who will serve as a manager and how many managers to send.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/19/trump-impeachment-congress-reconvenes-amid-uncertainty-timeline/2695207001/

Why would McConnell make concessions that Schiff refused?

Not to say that either of them are right...in fact, they are both *******s.

Both sides of this problem are hypocrites.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
What was it Schiff was supposed to do? The republicans wanted to call Hunter Biden and the whistleblower as witnesses, two things that have no reason to happen.

Other then that, they just blew smoke about not being allowed to do things, but they were given every opportunity to do what they wanted and call witnesses that related to the actual case. Calling Hunter Biden is irrelevant to whether or not Trump withheld aid.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why would McConnell make concessions that Schiff refused?

Not to say that either of them are right...in fact, they are both *******s.

Both sides of this problem are hypocrites.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

What Tasorundo said ^^^

·
Registered
924 Posts
Your constitution disagrees with you.

I am curious how you feel about Mconnell and Graham already saying they will break their vow of impartiality.
Trump wants and has a right to a fair trial. A speedy trial, the House has done their investigation
now the Senate gets the trial. Trump should not have to wait until they get around to it. Trump
also has the right to face his accuser. Graham has said he doesn't want to call Hunter Biden or Joe
Biden, I agree with that. Mconnell has said their will be a chance for fact witness to testify. If he doesn't
allow both sides to present evidence then he is wrong. Their will also be the Chief Supreme court justice
as the judge. Senators act as jurors. In public no secret meetings.

The charge against Trump has been changing from the start. Quid pro Quo, bribery, etc.
He has a right to answer those charges in a fair trial.

How would you feel if someone accused you of a crime. The police investigated, gathered evidence
and then the DA charged you, but never brought you to trial. Never gave you the right to defend yourself
or clear your name. Just held on to it maybe someday to use it against you, add to it or just to smear your
name. Due process and it is in the constitution. Are you guilty until proven innocent or innocent until
proven guilty ?

Impeachment is a political process
Impeachment is not a political tool to just remove
a President that you disagree with.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
What was it Schiff was supposed to do? The republicans wanted to call Hunter Biden and the whistleblower as witnesses, two things that have no reason to happen.

Other then that, they just blew smoke about not being allowed to do things, but they were given every opportunity to do what they wanted and call witnesses that related to the actual case. Calling Hunter Biden is irrelevant to whether or not Trump withheld aid.
Not to mention that any content created from the impeachment can and will be used against Biden and other Dems in the court of re election.......

Sorry, but Senate hearings will not be used as production stages courtesy of the Dems and for the pleasure of the GOP.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
@Marduk ...impartiality? really?

So Pelosi says "We have been working on this for the past 2 1/2 years."
The So Called crime took place in June of 2019.
How do you work on something that won't happen for the next 30 months?

It's terrible sham.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
@Marduk ...impartiality? really?

So Pelosi says "We have been working on this for the past 2 1/2 years."
The So Called crime took place in June of 2019.
How do you work on something that won't happen for the next 30 months?

It's terrible sham.
She didn’t say they have been working on impeachment for 2.5 years, she said there have been investigations for 2.5 years. It’s being twisted to mean impeachment but she said Mueller investigation started 2.5 years ago.

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
She didn’t say they have been working on impeachment for 2.5 years, she said there have been investigations for 2.5 years. It’s being twisted to mean impeachment but she said Mueller investigation started 2.5 years ago.
The Freedom Caucus will word anything exactly to fit the spin that they need, even like with their fearful leader, if they have to lie and prevaricate to get it done!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts

Tas, this is a better way to explain what she meant.

Hey, I didn't say we've been constructing the building for the last two and a half years.
I said we've been working on its foundation the last two and a half years.

-

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Investigating 2.5 years to find issues that they deem impeachable. Sorry, they damn well were working on impeachment for 2.5 years. Any other president been investigated for 2.5 years for the hell of it? What a crock.

·
Premium Member
24,233 Posts

I suspect not, I think as the article points out as long as Trump loads the federal courts with enough judges it is possible that they ban abortion and same sex marriage. This of course is a hope that will not likely bear fruit.

I’m pretty sure come November 2020, the evangelical support for Trump will be as it was in 2016. Morals be damned, evangelical community cares little about their leaders personal character, as long as they simply see the other side (Democrats) as pure evil, no gray area. Let’s not forget, a lot of liberal Democrats view any politician with an R after their name the same, the enemy. Is this not the underlying problem and where we all run to our ideological corners? There is little impartiality in our thoughts.

I do think that is best discussed in a separate thread. I do find it an interesting topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Investigating 2.5 years to find issues that they deem impeachable. Sorry, they damn well were working on impeachment for 2.5 years. Any other president been investigated for 2.5 years for the hell of it? What a crock.
Hillary had been investigated for 20 years, so yeah, poor Trump and his 2.5 years, unprecedented witch hunt and all that.

61 - 80 of 534 Posts