Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The not so-hidden state in America.

I keep telling myself, do not get involved in politics, do not, don't!

We have been told that this tragic situation in America is not real.

It is a man-made crisis.

A lie being perpetuated by Republicans and Conservatives.

Oh, yes, and said so often by Nancy Pelosi, from Chuck Shumer and all the left wing media. As recently as last year!
Unfortunately for them, we have them on tape saying this!

A man made crisis, caused by Trump!

On the face of it, since men and women and children are involved, it is a crisis caused by mankind. But, we know that is not the way it is purported to be by the left and its left wing media supporters.

Until recently. Now it is in the face of the left, in all of our faces. The left can no longer look the other way.

We have a failed state to the south of us.
Mexico is a failed state! And it is spilling over into our country.

Ah, it has been doing this for sixty years. It has always been a corrupt state, first run by a couple dozen rich families. Now, it is run by a half dozen or so, drug cartels.

From the Grapes of Wrath in the 1930's, to the Cesar Chavez strikes in the sixties there has been this poor underclass, much of it caused by illegal migration. And by the greedy Chamber of Commerce, which was earlier headed up, by so called Republicans. Now, it is headed by both parties.

We have a whole underclass that is homeless, and hungry, living in tents and some in their cars and trucks and vans in America. Many are 'working' poor. Estimates put those working at 60% Some are legal citizens, some are illegal. Many are drug addicts, some mentally ill, all are needy of help.

Affordable housing is not available to the working poor in most cities. It would need to be heavily subsidized and maintained and police protected. Yadda, yadda.

California is the epicenter of this mess. The story I attached in this post is one from a poor family living in Salinas, California. The whole agricultural center of California is awash with the working poor.

"Salinas is the county seat and largest municipality of Monterey County, California. Salinas is an urban area located just outside the southern portion of the Greater Bay Area and 10 mi east-southeast of the mouth of the Salinas River. The population was 156,259. The city is located at the mouth of the Salinas Valley roughly eight miles from the Pacific Ocean and has a climate more influenced by the ocean than the hot-summer interior. -Wikipedia

Liberal Democrats have destroyed California and if this madness spreads, it will take our country down with it. Sanctuary cities, ssppppit!

What idiots are these. Yes, let more illegals in.

The border wall is all nonsense.

Drugs coming from Mexico and China, ah, just Republican talking points.

Anyhow, read the article attached below and comment on it. Thanks.
I cannot keep quiet on this forever. I try....I fail.

THRD-

https://story.californiasunday.com/homeless-families?utm_source=pocket-newtab

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
They come here expecting a better life. Since they come illegally, they set themselves up to be used. They are hired at lower wages. They are fine with that. Housing costs are high partly because everyone wants to live in Cali. and partly due to not wanting to get involved in housing illegals.

They cause their own issues and those who support this type of immigration support their abuse.

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a hot button topic, not one that many 'here' wish to opine on.

For obvious reasons. It is hard to defend what is presently going on.

It is madness, and chaos in the Golden State. The same for Oregon and Washington State.

Actually, many people with means are fleeing California for Texas, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico.
Even to the Midwest.
Where ever the cost of living is less and where jobs are available.

And where crime is held at bay...
Crime is everywhere.....now.

The only problem is that they are bringing the same political attitudes to their new homes in these states and the districts.
The attitudes that led to the downfall of the once great and beautiful West Coast.

I have my own solutions.

No, many of them will never be enacted on.

Where, Liberal-Progressives rule the day, it becomes a nightmare for their constituents.

Sigh....

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Yep, that's what's happening. It's really sad. I don't have fear of being misinterpreted. Folks do it all the time. I'm a bit calloused, though not completely immune.

·
Registered
10,817 Posts
I agree but no one wants to do that hard stuff. Lets stop illegal immigration by punish owners of companies who hire illegal immigrants with long jail sentences. Then when we are sure that we have that under control, up our legal immigration by about 5 million a year from all over the world and from all different economic levels.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
I agree but no one wants to do that hard stuff. Lets stop illegal immigration by punish owners of companies who hire illegal immigrants with long jail sentences. Then when we are sure that we have that under control, up our legal immigration by about 5 million a year from all over the world and from all different economic levels.
Does 5 million a year replenish the amount of citizens we lose each year from death or is it way over? One of the issues with the government is, they are losing money because folks had less children and boomers are dying. They either have to raise the current rate of taxation, allow lots of immigration or encourage citizens to have children. At issue with the latter is, most children don't want to work at those low wages. Businesses don't want to pay more. Illegals are cheap wages. They just need the rest of us to pay for their health insurance. Well, it's either the cost of health insurance via taxes goes up or they get paid more and buy their own while the cost of goods and services goes up. Which is cheaper? I'd say the latter.

·
Registered
10,817 Posts
Does 5 million a year replenish the amount of citizens we lose each year from death or is it way over? One of the issues with the government is, they are losing money because folks had less children and boomers are dying. They either have to raise the current rate of taxation, allow lots of immigration or encourage citizens to have children. At issue with the latter is, most children don't want to work at those low wages. Businesses don't want to pay more. Illegals are cheap wages. They just need the rest of us to pay for their health insurance. Well, it's either the cost of health insurance via taxes goes up or they get paid more and buy their own while the cost of goods and services goes up. Which is cheaper? I'd say the latter.
I agree but part of the reason why wages are so cheep is because if they are illegal they can pay them under the table. That stops once they are legal or at least it's harder to do.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The not so-hidden state in America.

I keep telling myself, do not get involved in politics, do not, don't!

We have been told that this tragic situation in America is not real.

It is a man-made crisis.

A lie being perpetuated by Republicans and Conservatives.

Oh, yes, and said so often by Nancy Pelosi, from Chuck Shumer and all the left wing media. As recently as last year!
Unfortunately for them, we have them on tape saying this!

A man made crisis, caused by Trump!

On the face of it, since men and women and children are involved, it is a crisis caused by mankind. But, we know that is not the way it is purported to be by the left and its left wing media supporters.

Until recently. Now it is in the face of the left, in all of our faces. The left can no longer look the other way.

We have a failed state to the south of us.
Mexico is a failed state! And it is spilling over into our country.

Ah, it has been doing this for sixty years. It has always been a corrupt state, first run by a couple dozen rich families. Now, it is run by a half dozen or so, drug cartels.

From the Grapes of Wrath in the 1930's, to the Cesar Chavez strikes in the sixties there has been this poor underclass, much of it caused by illegal migration. And by the greedy Chamber of Commerce, which was earlier headed up, by so called Republicans. Now, it is headed by both parties.

We have a whole underclass that is homeless, and hungry, living in tents and some in their cars and trucks and vans in America. Many are 'working' poor. Estimates put those working at 60% Some are legal citizens, some are illegal. Many are drug addicts, some mentally ill, all are needy of help.

Affordable housing is not available to the working poor in most cities. It would need to be heavily subsidized and maintained and police protected. Yadda, yadda.

California is the epicenter of this mess. The story I attached in this post is one from a poor family living in Salinas, California. The whole agricultural center of California is awash with the working poor.

"Salinas is the county seat and largest municipality of Monterey County, California. Salinas is an urban area located just outside the southern portion of the Greater Bay Area and 10 mi east-southeast of the mouth of the Salinas River. The population was 156,259. The city is located at the mouth of the Salinas Valley roughly eight miles from the Pacific Ocean and has a climate more influenced by the ocean than the hot-summer interior. -Wikipedia

Liberal Democrats have destroyed California and if this madness spreads, it will take our country down with it. Sanctuary cities, ssppppit!

What idiots are these. Yes, let more illegals in.

The border wall is all nonsense.

Drugs coming from Mexico and China, ah, just Republican talking points.

Anyhow, read the article attached below and comment on it. Thanks.
I cannot keep quiet on this forever. I try....I fail.

THRD-

https://story.californiasunday.com/homeless-families?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The article you posted is about an American family. Did I miss something? They mention something about the cost of living being around $30/hour. But you’re talking about Mexico for some reason? I don’t know, I’m not following what you’re getting at.

We have a homeless problem across the country. We have a lack of medical care across the country.. we have a problem with the richest controlling something like 97% of the population... I don’t know. there are a lot of problems in this country... not just in California.

I just must’ve completely misunderstood your post. I’m sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts

110% agree.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
If anyone wants, they can use this as a template to agree or disagree and why.

Causes of Homelessness https://soapboxie.com/social-issues/Social-Problems-Homelessness-in-the-United-States

According to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the leading causes of homelessness are as follows:
The change in the mental health systems since the 1950s, a shift towards “community-based” treatment of mentally ill rather than long-term commitment to institution.
Redevelopment and gentrification of neighborhoods in cities, demolishing low-income neighborhoods.
The economic crises of the 1970s and the current economic recession
The failure of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to provide effective mental health care for veterans.
Natural disasters.
Women and children who flee domestic violence
Foreclosure of homes
Evictions from apartments
Difficulty of released prisoners to find gainful employment

·
Registered
890 Posts
I agree but part of the reason why wages are so cheep is because if they are illegal they can pay them under the table. That stops once they are legal or at least it's harder to do.
#hater #Nazi #Stalin #Tweety-birdkiller #DuhEconomiez #HousesRottingInTheFields

#MAICKZDIRT

Doncha know dat tehEconomiez will stall, die, becomes a Zombies, and Eat Ur 401Kayz if you dontz sacrifice your kiddiez futurez to tehEconomiez?

D U Hatez Muricaz?

Sayz noez teh Everiphize!.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
The only problem is that they are bringing the same political attitudes to their new homes in these states and the districts.
Yup.

Trump will need funding for another wall....the length of California. Better yet, extend it to British Columbia.

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The article you posted is about an American family. Did I miss something? They mention something about the cost of living being around $30/hour. But you’re talking about Mexico for some reason? I don’t know, I’m not following what you’re getting at.

We have a homeless problem across the country. We have a lack of medical care across the country.. we have a problem with the richest controlling something like 97% of the population... I don’t know. there are a lot of problems in this country... not just in California.

I just must’ve completely misunderstood your post. I’m sorry.

I am not positive that both parents were US citizens ??

It takes about $29.40 an hour in total family wages just to survive in California. (according to the article)

I did mix apples and oranges, but both are living in the same neighborhoods. The poor and the illegals. They are in competition with each other for sparse resources and jobs.

The illegals in this country absorb the resources that citizens might find available. Estimates are that there are 11 to 22 million illegals in this country.

And, most of them are not permitted to work. Uh, how dumb is that?

We expect them to survive and not break any more laws?
Or not to end up homeless.

I agree with the list the government made as to why there is so much homelessness. For political correctness they do not mention how illegals cost local governments millions of dollars in education, in social services, in lost taxes, in taking up bed space and food availability for the citizen poor.

Illegals overwhelm the system in bigger metro areas. Plus, some gang members prey on each other and on American citizens who live in the mix.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yup.

Trump will need funding for another wall....the length of California. Better yet, extend it to British Columbia.
Yeah. I worked with a guy who grew up in Taxxachussetts. His family moved down here when he was a teenager.

One time, he complained about the scarcity of street lamps outside of municipalities. He bragged about how almost anywhere you went in Massachusetts, the streets were lit. Unlike here, where you have to depend upon the unreliable oil lamps in front of your car to see if one of Hannibal's elephants has wandered onto the road.

I then asked him why his family had moved down here.

Him: "Well, the taxes were too damn high!"

Me: "Huh. Imagine that."

Yankee: "What?"

Me: "Well, if the state and counties are putting up light poles, and paying the utility for electricity, how is that being paid for?"

Him: "I, I never really thought about that..."

Me: "Property taxes, mostly."

Couple of beats later, he said: "Still, I think the lights would be worth it."

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am not positive that both parents were US citizens ??

It takes about $29.40 an hour in total family wages just to survive in California. (according to the article)

I did mix apples and oranges, but both are living in the same neighborhoods. The poor and the illegals. They are in competition with each other for sparse resources and jobs.

The illegals in this country absorb the resources that citizens might find available. Estimates are that there are 11 to 22 million illegals in this country.

And, most of them are not permitted to work. Uh, how dumb is that?

We expect them to survive and not break any more laws?
Or not to end up homeless.

I agree with the list the government made as to why there is so much homelessness. For political correctness they do not mention how illegals cost local governments millions of dollars in education, in social services, in lost taxes, in taking up bed space and food availability for the citizen poor.

Illegals overwhelm the system in bigger metro areas. Plus, some gang members prey on each other and on American citizens who live in the mix.

The illegal immigration numbers have been declining since 2007, when it was at its peak of approximately 12 million.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/illegal-immigration-statistics/

I think the American people just don’t want to take responsibility for what they’ve done to themselves. Considering these illegals you’re referring to only make up about 3.3 to 3.7 percent of the US population.

You know, to live comfortably just about anywhere in this great country of ours it takes about $30/hour... it’s not just California that is suffering. But you want to blame that on the 3.3 to 3.7 percent of illegals.. put blame where blame is due, you can start with wealth inequality in this country. I live and work in a very small town, I came here from a very large city to be a stay at home mom, thinking we won’t have to make as much money to live on living in a small town. I was wrong. And my husband bailed on me for another woman after I had given up my house, my job, pretty much everything that I had. I’m stuck in this small town now that doesn’t have **** for jobs and if it weren’t for his court ordered child support I couldn’t make it. If he quits paying, I have no recourse.. sure I can drag it through the courts, but I don’t have the money for an attorney.. I’m barely making it as it is. I can’t move because he’d have a hissy fit, not to mention I don’t have the money for that either. American citizens from all walks of life are struggling... but the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer.. this has nothing to do with someone coming over from Mexico.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States

Also the US is making it harder for the poor, this just in today!

“Three proposed rule changes by the Trump administration could cause millions of poor people to lose access to food stamps and decrease the size of the benefit for millions more.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1092866

And an interesting article about the immigration of the First Lady and her parents.. but immigration only bothers you when it’s the poor from Mexico right? These three new immigrants appear to have done it the “legal” way according to whatever article you want to believe, of course they had connections and money to make it happen. And for me that goes back to the wealth inequality sweeping our nation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/2/14/17012134/melania-trump-parents-visa

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Of course there is wealth inequality.

And why is that?

The list is not long.

Our education system is failing us. It is not training people for the jobs of the future.

And, and, and, it is parents who do not insure that their children learn the basics.

How to read.
How to do basic arithmetic.
How to speak properly so that they can be employable.
How to act properly in society.
How to dress and appear properly so as to get jobs.

US history and World History and Economics is not taught properly in our high schools.

Nor, is geography. Pick some small country, say New Zealand, or Chili, ask our citizens where these countries are.
Good luck with getting an answer.

Not the parents fault, only society at large?

Only the governments fault?
Only conservatives fault?

Personal responsibility does not apply?

Of course, our homeless troubles and housing troubles are not attributable to only illegals.
This was the tragic topic I highlighted.

Our problems are complex and the whole of humanity is facing these same problems....since the beginning of time.
Nothing new here.

OK, some number a little less than 11,000,000 illegals is still monstrous. Divide that number into our 57 BHO states and you have a problem.

Estimates are at ~113 billion per year. 2017 estimate with 12.5 million illegals in the country.

Those that do not like this number put it at less, but then say, "We don't really know". Ignoring how the 135 billion was derived.

Another number stated was $8100 per year and $82,000 over the lifetime of each illegal. Only ten years here?

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is the ultimate answer?

It is a simple and painful answer.

There is not a one world government (thank God).

There are only individual governments.

We cannot manage the world, take care of the whole worlds problems. We cannot.
We do not have the resources, the will or the talent.

The rest of the world would and should RESIST.

They are sovereign nations, as are we.

We have to put our own house in order and keep it that way.

In the near future we are going to need to isolate ourselves as much as possible from the rest of the world. We cannot let other's problems take us down.

Yes, we need trade, yes, we need to play fair and be nice.

WE HAVE TO SET THE EXAMPLE FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Since we are the wealthiest nation.

Hah! Not a chance with the politicians and media fools and the legal sharks and lefty educators we have running this country.

We have created our own problems.

Our country is a Representative Democracy and we have failed miserably our Constitution.

We elect idiots and short sighted power hungry buffoons.

We must manage our problem without having a dictatorial government. Good luck with that.

Individual citizens are like cats, they will do as they please and pee on other peoples furniture and lives.

Nothing new....

Humanity is just not up to the task.
Never was.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
The illegal immigration numbers have been declining since 2007 (when it was at its peak of approximately 12 million) and has been declining ever since.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/illegal-immigration-statistics/
I disagree that anyone can even come close to a correct number on the amount of illegals here. Did they turn themselves in for a census? Where are they getting this estimate from the climate change folks? The number is likely at least double that. The amount of illegals entering through the southern border has dropped since the new wall has been erected. It is a start.

I think the American people just don’t want to take responsibility for what they’ve done to themselves. Considering these illegals you’re referring to only make up about 3.3 to 3.7 percent of the US population.

You know, to live comfortably just about anywhere in this great country of ours it takes about $30/hour... it’s not just California that is suffering. But you want to blame that on the 3.3 to 3.7 percent of illegals.. put blame where blame is due, you can start with wealth inequality in this country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States
I can only imagine that you mean Americans(citizens of the USA?) have voted into office, people like Trump. The issue is, either one side gives help to big business or the other. They both do it. It's just a difference in who gets the tax dollars. Though, the democratic socialists want to take all our money and redistributed it the way they see fit.

The poor will only get poorer and a huge black market will arise to take what little those poor have to supplement what the government does not produce enough of. You know the rich will buy up products and resell them at high prices, or you will get none. Widespread hunger and a lack of goods for everyday living will ensue and violence will not be tolerated. Folks will be imprisoned for protesting. Unlike the violent Antifa, those protesters will be considered traitors.

No one is going to pay that much for an un/under educated employee starting out. Are you interested in helping the poor or Bachelor Degree college grads with loans?

Also the US is making it harder for the poor, this just in today!

“Three proposed rule changes by the Trump administration could cause millions of poor people to lose access to food stamps and decrease the size of the benefit for millions more.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1092866
I disagree with his plan. I tend to agree with this article. https://worcesterfoodpolicycouncil.org/2019-snap-budget-winners-losers/

And an interesting article about the immigration of the First Lady and her parents.. but illegal immigration only bothers you when it’s the poor from Mexico right? These three new immigrants appear to have done it the “legal” way according to whatever article you want to believe, of course they had connections and money to make it happen. And for me that goes back to the wealth inequality sweeping our nation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/2/14/17012134/melania-trump-parents-visa

What bothers me about it is they are breaking the law. A country without borders is not a country. I'm not saying they don't work hard. Many send money home to help family and then plan on moving home at retirement age, taking money out of our economy. It's a greater issue than just illegally entering, illegally working, and illegally living here.

You have sort of corroborated the fact that we have a broken system for the poor and that these folks are coming in and taking jobs that the poor citizens of this country need. I know. They don't want them because they are not $30/hr. Well, those jobs will never pay more as long as folks are willing to work for much less than the jobs would normally pay without them. That's something to consider. No one has a right to come here, just as you don't have a right to go to one of the Nordic model countries and cop a squat. Try it, then get back to us.

The Nordic model countries and most of the EU are reeling with issues caused by immigrants. They refuse to take more. Is that the model we desire? Greece is being crushed by immigrants. The island of Lesbos is overcrowded with immigrants, some of which are breaking into small businesses and robbing them of their cash. Sound familiar?

Yes, it's happening here. We don't even know them and we release them because we think they deserve more than our own citizens. The pity you and others have for them will ruin our country, turning it into California. We don't need that. We don't want that. We want them to come here and love this country. We want them to do well and create more jobs for folks through the successful operation of businesses which they start.

If you want to increase the wages of those who are truly poor, not college grads who already make a great deal more, but have chosen to over borrow on the income they will make, then we need competition. Flooding the nation with poor will cause wages to drop further. Benefits are nonexistent because of a lack of competition and the government changing laws.

No, offering them more will only increase the speed at which we(the United States of America) decline. That would be great for China and Russia. The situation today is very sad.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts