Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
We'll every relationship (and person) is different but your wife acts much as I did when I was married. For years I wouldn't show affection . My ex would complain a lot and I would try but always went back to the same place. She often said I was a roommate not a husband. She offered to go to concealing but I always refused because I thought we could work it out ourselves. Well communication broke down and she sent me an email wanting divorce. Once I stopped seeing her for a while I was able to see my lack of affection and deppresion problems (I honestly never knew I had them till I had time to focus on myself). I tried to tell her I was sorry an that I would change . Now divorced (no kids so that makes it easier). She never believed I would change. Truth is I have ;)
And I'm able to even admit that I need more work still . But in her eyes I'll always be the same old me.

So basically maybe your wife just needs to realize her issues. Maybe she needs space side blinding to get her attention.
Maybe the issue is that she doesn't love herself so how can she show you love?
Maybe write her a note and leave for the weekend.
Something like
"I'm not happy. I love you but I'm on the verge of no return this is the last chance for us. If you value our marriage join me in therapy because I need you there . I need you there for me and our kids. Do it for the promise we made each other, I love you and want to be happy with you. If you love me please go"

Something like that but in your words. I'm always looking for the bright side and I pull for marriages staying together since mine didn't ;(
I love my ex with all my heart so I just don't want this to end for you of there is still love there.

Wishing you the best of luck. Hey hears another idea. Don't even talk to her about how you need affection. Maybe take her out to eat and take your photo album. Show her your wedding photos etc. buy her flowers talk about old times, tell her why you love her. Maybe her eyes. Her smile etc . ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.