Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
895 Posts
The vast majority of women never get welfare. Instead, most of us work and pay taxes just like men do. And some of those taxes do go to provide welfare to some women.
Right. And I’ve struggled with applying for assistance since my husband died out of shame. I wasn’t raised on it in any fashion, have been working since I was 15 and still work, though I’m the sole provider and care taker of my son and have no family here to lean on.

I don’t just sit back receiving welfare and truly, what I’m receiving is a survivor benefit for my son that my husband worked over 40 years and am rightfully entitled to even though it’s hard for me to swallow some days.

While I can’t teach my son how to be a man, I intend on teaching him by the men I have in our church who have stepped in to fill that needed role as best they can. While I’m a strong female, and was forced to lead my household even before my husband died, I will submit to the right man, with the baritone voice and a Godly lead demeanor. I will also continued to bust my butt working as I do. Don’t lump all us females together.

And I know I said God.. don’t get triggered everyone.

· Registered
4,137 Posts
The Woodside yearbooks from 1975 through 1977 had two sports sections; one headed BOYS SPORTS and the other headed GIRLS SPORTS. That's fine and dandy. The yearbooks from 1978 and 1979, however, had two sports sections: one headed SPORTS and the other headed GIRLS SPORTS. Why was 1978 such a special year in history to suddenly take BOYS out of high school SPORTS?
So they corrected it the 78-79 yearbooks. A section for girls sports and then the real sports section seems correct. :devilish:. Sorry couldn't resist.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So they corrected it the 78-79 yearbooks. A section for girls sports and then the real sports section seems correct. :devilish:. Sorry couldn't resist.
Why does taking MALE terms out of sports somehow make it "real"? I interpret the ungendered sports section to mean coed. They could have conceivably had a girl kicker on the football team for all I know. This same school did have in fact restrooms and locker rooms labeled for both boys and girls, even past the year 1977.

· Registered
1,044 Posts
I think it's more has to do with the men women are choosing to have kids with. Weak men passing on weak genes and raising the kids in a way that only increases the weakness. Yeah, the whole war on boys is toxic and everything but that kind of stuff shouldn't cause a boy to do nothing with themselves.

Fun fact, over half a million IVF babies born every year. Men who can't get a woman's body to accept their DNA are now beating it into submission with science and making sure those genes get passed on.

· Registered
1,044 Posts
You missed the much more insidious means that have been used to destroy boys from becoming men.
What insidious means, besides removing the word boy from the yearbooks, would you say is turning the boys who used to fight to the death at the Alamo into the depressed, anxiety ridden, rudderless, suicide commiting boys of the modern day?

· Registered
10,721 Posts
Government welfare is for CHILDREN, not childless women who can work. So as long as a woman is supporting a man's children, your snarky statement is meaningless.
Not to argue but have you seen some welfare moms? That money is NOT going to the kids accept for some boxes of Mac and Cheese.

Reactions: LisaDiane

· Registered
5,453 Posts
Not to argue but have you seen some welfare moms? That money is NOT going to the kids expect for some boxes of Mac and Cheese.
Believe me, I agree. I have even heard of women on the news here giving their Food Stamps to drug dealers!!!

But those weren't the women he was talking about...he was making a blanket statement that women use welfare instead of men, and his comparison doesn't line up. Well, not to my way of thinking. Unless I misunderstood his point.

· Registered
80 Posts
While I think there are many factors contributing to this, I think one of the original culprits was/is media. From Disney and movies a like creating entertaining but false hopes about how a woman and man should cohabitate.
Add on mantra's like "happy wife, happy life" and Show her you really care with diamonds etc....
It tells women that their men don't love them if they don't give them these things. Not that all women fall for it.
We see it over and over, both men and women and eventually it gets ingrained.
Men start supplicating their wants/needs to make the wife happy. Some men can't make a decision and always defer to the wife.

Son comes to father with a question/problem and he tells him to go to his mother for fear of upsetting her with his answer.
Result, men become spineless and wonder why their wives don't respect them, I give her everything she wants, he thinks to himself! And why has her libido shut down?
Because they are acting less and less like a man every day. Not really setting a good example for their sons who are watching/learning.
Nor for the daughter who sees their mother tired of making all the decisions and feeling like the only one in the house that does anything.

Basically examples of good/strong (not strength) male role models are dying. New generation has nothing to go on.

Add in the new wave of toxic feminism where some women tell men, "I don't need you to open my door" only furthers this problem.
Chivalry, want to protect, lead, provide and shelter are constantly seen or interrupted as negative traits.
We're told women don't need men for anything. While technically true, it's not the way many women want to live.

Men and women suffer.
Most women want a confident, dependable, stable, honest, loving man. It's just so rare nowadays.
Men want a loving, devoted, respectful, doting wife. Also, rare nowadays.

I'll caveat this so not to upset: The terms, men/women should be read as generalizations...

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Believe me, I agree. I have even heard of women on the news here giving their Food Stamps to drug dealers!!!

But those weren't the women he was talking about...he was making a blanket statement that women use welfare instead of men, and his comparison doesn't line up. Well, not to my way of thinking. Unless I misunderstood his point.
A man once told me that women spread their legs, have babies and ride the welfare waves. Men can't do that.

· Registered
5,154 Posts
You are just another one of the “I’m offended” sheep. I have no idea why you people can’t just get over yourself and do some self improvement instead blaming everything else. Being a well adjusted functional citizen who appreciates both sides of the gender line isn’t really difficult.

Of course there are things going on in the world that aren’t up to our each and own personal agreement but that’s life. Such emotional investments are a waste. It is what it is….. get in where you fit in ….then make the best of it you can. Whining men find them sliding down hill in comparison to their peers…

· Super Moderator
11,745 Posts
Right. And I’ve struggled with applying for assistance since my husband died out of shame. I wasn’t raised on it in any fashion, have been working since I was 15 and still work, though I’m the sole provider and care taker of my son and have no family here to lean on.

I don’t just sit back receiving welfare and truly, what I’m receiving is a survivor benefit for my son that my husband worked over 40 years and am rightfully entitled to even though it’s hard for me to swallow some days.

While I can’t teach my son how to be a man, I intend on teaching him by the men I have in our church who have stepped in to fill that needed role as best they can. While I’m a strong female, and was forced to lead my household even before my husband died, I will submit to the right man, with the baritone voice and a Godly lead demeanor. I will also continued to bust my butt working as I do. Don’t lump all us females together.

And I know I said God.. don’t get triggered everyone.
You and your son will be fine. I raised my sons mostly by myself because their father just wasn't that interested in raising kids and they turned out fine.

They had male teachers, martial arts instructors, and sports coaches. And now that they're grown they see their dad.

And even though I'm not a man I cracked the whip plenty with them and they both work and go to school. It would've been better if their father was more involved when they were younger but we work with what we've got.

· Registered
5,631 Posts
What insidious means, besides removing the word boy from the yearbooks, would you say is turning the boys who used to fight to the death at the Alamo into the depressed, anxiety ridden, rudderless, suicide commiting boys of the modern day?
I think men need to be active to be fulfilled. In the past, men lived an agrarian life tilling the soil for a living. It was backbreaking work, but I bet they didn't wonder about how cutting off their junk might solve their problems. I don't think working a 9-5 is the most fulfilling aspect for a man. Cubicles aren't the new corn fields. But they are pervasive, however we were not built that way.

Men get restless easy, this restlessness is bad and can lead to all sorts of addictions, anxiety, depression and even suicide. The modern world is fem-centric. Not just because of wokeness or whatever but because technology has made male strengths antiquated. How can men teach their boys how to become men when they don't know themselves?

The moden world will crumble, then rise again as it always does. Until then the male spirit will lie dormant.

Of course, I assume some men like having manbuns and drinking extra frothed soy lattes in their skinny jeans while discussing the latest episode of the Bachelor.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts