Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Edsway:

Dude, move on. Two simple words could not be harder for some to achieve.
I get the dependance you had, I understand completely having been through this.
But I re-focused.
I grew a pair.
I looked at life and said, "Hell yeah!"
It's just too damn boring and ignorant to sit around with the "Why's, how's, could have, would have, should have....."
Get up off the ground, dust yourself off and get on the horse there fellah!
Jelly and Paradise are very right in their responses.

If you have learned somehting or found the truth in anything, it will be that you too can move on and put the past behind you. It's truly a valuable skill to have in this life, to move on, that's what people do who are successful.

Cut your losses. Find your rythm. Groove-On.
Life isn't as hard as it is simple. Problem being too many try to make it hard.

Sorry brother. Now get on with your life and do the right thing, follow your heart, be yourself. Smile...it helps a lot!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Ed

the need for closure can be overwhelming, I was there at one time. My ex is not a communicator, he is not a bad man though, in fact he is a very good man.
I tried for months to almost force him to give me the closure I needed, to explain certain things but he just was not capable. He wasn't being mean, he simply cannot communicate and the more I pushed the worse it got.

In the end I wrote myself a letter that I worded as though it was from him. It was all the things I need to hear him say. Sure it was my interpretation of what he was thinking but that is OK. It was what I needed to hear in order to get the closure I desperately had to have in order to move forward.

It was the most cathartic thing I could have done, it helped me be whole again. Of course there was also grieving and self examination but all in all I am here today, very happy and very very emotionally healthy.

I hope this is of some use to you. If your ex cannot give you closure then do it yourself. Life is too short to be stuck going round and round.
Now that was a unique solution! Question: did your EX sign the letter? Did he read it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.