Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am single and a regular at a local bar in town, i go during the day when its not busy for a few beers, i have gotten to know the bartender pretty well over the last year, she is married,

we exchanged phone numbers and i text her once in awhile, she normally replies with just basic one word answers, she answers my questions but never really seems to ask any of her own,

our texts are normally only 2-3 back and forth and thats it, maybe once a week, not lengthy conversations at all, sometimes i ask if shes working the next day to see if she will be there when i am,

i have made one or two very slight flirty remarks in texts, she ignores them or doesnt reply back,

she has never text me first, its always me texting her, so im thinking, am i bothering her? but why would she give me her number then? :confused:

i thought i would kind of "test her" so i stayed away from the bar for about a month, then she text me for the first time ever last week and asked where i have been in a friendly way,

so that kinda proves to me that she thinks about me when im not there, i know she is not too happy in the marriage, am i reading into this too much? or could she want more than friendship? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ditto on the above. Don't be "that guy" who is a factor in her marriage failing. Find a single girl to flirt and text with. She's already spoken for, even if you're not ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i should have known i would get replies like this on a board where 90% of the people are here because they have been cheated on, i guess you are all still bitter about it, thanks anyway

·
Registered
187 Posts
i should have known i would get replies like this on a board where 90% of the people are here because they have been cheated on, i guess you are all still bitter about it, thanks anyway
If you only wanted advice you agree with, why did you even bother to ask? :p (FYI - I've never been cheated on)

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Well you could enlighten everyone here on your intentions. That way we wouldn't draw our own conclusions.

You can't really think this all sounds completely innocent....do you?

·
Registered
285 Posts
LOL...ok. This has nothing to do with being cheated on or not. Say she isn't married hypothetically. I would still tell you she doesn't like you. She texts back one word answers and then texts you when you have been gone. She is just trying to be friendly enough that you keep going to the bar and keep giving her your money. You really can't see that? It's pretty obvious.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
He's either a troll or so stupid that he doesn't realize he's one of a thousand guys who wants to get in her pants and doesn't understand what one-word answers really mean.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
She is just trying to be friendly enough that you keep going to the bar and keep giving her your money. You really can't see that? It's pretty obvious

HUP.

In a nutshell, it's business. With her anyway... I'm on tender hooks waiting to hear what the OP's intentions are. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
He's either a troll or so stupid that he doesn't realize he's one of a thousand guys who wants to get in her pants and doesn't understand what one-word answers really mean.
Heh. I worked as a waiter for most of my college years. If there's the possibility of a tip...don't be so sure that a service person is hot for you.
so that kinda proves to me that she thinks about me when im not there, i know she is not too happy in the marriage, am i reading into this too much?
No, it proves that she misses your tips. How do you know she isn't happy in her marriage?

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
i am single and a regular at a local bar in town, i go during the day when its not busy for a few beers, i have gotten to know the bartender pretty well over the last year, she is married,

we exchanged phone numbers and i text her once in awhile, she normally replies with just basic one word answers, she answers my questions but never really seems to ask any of her own,

our texts are normally only 2-3 back and forth and thats it, maybe once a week, not lengthy conversations at all, sometimes i ask if shes working the next day to see if she will be there when i am,

i have made one or two very slight flirty remarks in texts, she ignores them or doesnt reply back,

she has never text me first, its always me texting her, so im thinking, am i bothering her? but why would she give me her number then? :confused:

i thought i would kind of "test her" so i stayed away from the bar for about a month, then she text me for the first time ever last week and asked where i have been in a friendly way,

so that kinda proves to me that she thinks about me when im not there, i know she is not too happy in the marriage, am i reading into this too much? or could she want more than friendship? :scratchhead:
Stop this. She is married.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Hi, I guess I'm in the 10% that has not been cheated on and therefore, I'm not bitter.

But I agree with every response here:

1. Lose her number, she's married
2. Stop trying to bait her, she's married
3. Her giving you her number means you'll be back = more business for her + she's married
4. Leave married women alone, SHE is married

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
You're not in the infidelity area. I haven't been cheated on. Why would you say that.

You got your hairs up because you didn't get validation. You're upset that most here think you're inappropriate?

You asked, didn't you? Here's my answer. Flirt with your own woman. Leave someone else's alone. SHES MARRIED. Get it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.