Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,444 Posts
For more context:
Unfortunately, right now, I’m more attracted to the receptionist who winks at me than the mother who blows me.

...and maybe it’s all related because she has a job but it’s all I can think of despite our son being taught all beautiful values our family is built on and not the nanny’s values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://talkaboutmarriage.com/new-member-forum-introduce-yourself/434405-best-mom-worst-wife.html#post19908085

Why do you think that a forum full of people who have been betrayed by their spouses would give you advice to go ahead and have an affair?

How do you think an affair would help you?

Had it occurred to you that facing your issues and working through them is a much better choice in the long run?

How is this good for your family, particularly your children?

If you feel unhappy now, having an affair is only going to be a bandage until it blows up in your face and makes things much worse than they are now.

How would you ever look your children in the face again?

How do you think you'll feel when your wife finds out and is devastated? If you don't care how she feels, that right there is a large part of your problem. It shows self-centeredness and lack of integrity.

It seems that you don't care about your wife at all. If that's the case, then you should have a talk with her about your unhappiness and get busy doing something about solving it. If she's not interested in working on the marriage, then come to a solution that works fairly for all involved, rather than getting another person involved in your mess. What you're considering doing shows a lack of character and a weak will.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
How common is it for you guys to find another coworker attractive and realize the attraction is mutual? Do you go out of your way, in either direction?

...and maybe it’s all related because she has a job but it’s all I can think of despite our son being taught all beautiful values our family is built on and not the nanny’s values

Well married or not he would be cheating, here he talks of his son. And apparently is in a relationship!

Some people I tell you, l guess this answers my questions of marriage. He's still in a relationship.

·
Registered
563 Posts
both parties are single, willing to date in the open, want to date because you think
she is the one, date with honor, then go for it.

if you are looking to hit it and run, another notch on the bed post, then do not date
a co worker.

I have seen many relatives and friends meet and marry this way. I met mine commuting
for work. we sat together, the rest is history.

·
Registered
12,601 Posts
How common is it for you guys to find another coworker attractive and realize the attraction is mutual? Do you go out of your way, in either direction?

1. Happens all the time.

2. I haven't done anything about it since meeting my wife.

3. I haven't read your other thread but I believe it indicates you're married. Why is a married man asking this question?

4. I can help you take your mind off of temptations by working with you in the ring. Three rounds and I guarantee you will not be worried about getting any on the side or your money back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the advice and judgements everyone. I found what I was looking for through another forum. Good luck

·
Registered
18,381 Posts
Validation?
Quote from his other thread:

I had been having lunch w a coworker and we’ve been venting to each other for a few months and recently found ourselves in the others arms. I don’t want to confide in my wife but need to decide what to do about it.
Feel free to tell me I’m the worst but I need to hear some sage advice.

·
Premium Member
7,444 Posts
Thanks for the advice and judgements everyone. I found what I was looking for through another forum. Good luck
Is this what you're planning to tell your wife? "I found what I was looking for somewhere else?"

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Attraction? Yes. Action? No.

I strictly avoided anything but purely platonic friendships at work, even when single.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
There are coworkers that I find attractive, and who find me attractive. We have friendly chats now and then, but never more. We are each free to imagine that the other is seriously interested - but never do antying to find out.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
LOL. Probably an adultery themed message board he found that taught him how to do it and get away with it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
both parties are single, willing to date in the open, want to date because you think
she is the one, date with honor, then go for it.

if you are looking to hit it and run, another notch on the bed post, then do not date
a co worker.

I have seen many relatives and friends meet and marry this way. I met mine commuting
for work. we sat together, the rest is history.
I met and became with my friends with my wife at work -- she was the admin for the group I worked in.
We were friends for 2 years before we started dating.

BUT that was 35 years ago. In TODAY's environment, I would be wary of dating at work now.
Second, YOU NEED TO STOP this and protect your marriage -- if you are attracted to this woman, WALK THE OTHER WAY. DO NOT interact with her at all. Avoid her. IF you want to screw up your marriage, then go ahead. Better yet, be honorable and divorce your wife so that she can also find happiness with someone who loves her (perhaps you need MC?)

·
Registered
6,089 Posts

Don't dip your pen in the company ink.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts