Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went into my Google settings because I was having so many popups (but I have them blocked, so WTF?) Anyway, while there I ended up in a Notifications setting and Google had taken it upon themselves to block notifications for 3 places. One I didn't know. The other two sounded like conservative political sites. But one wasn't at all but it had the words "Texas" and "Lobby." But it was, in fact, the Texas Workforce Commission where I got a couple of unemployment/self-employment amounts during covide. Blocked them it said "automatically" so I couldn't get any notifications from them!

The other was a website where Andy Ngo, the journalist in Portland, writes online (though most of his is Twitter). Clearly Google doesn't want anyone to get any conservative political info.

Anyone else noticing this type of thing?

Reactions: MattMatt

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
More likely something like this -

"For users of Chrome 80, there are a few ways to get this quieter UI. First, users can opt-in to the UI on all websites by pasting chrome://settings/content/notifications into the address bar and checking the "use quieter messaging" box. For users who don't manually opt in, Google says "Users who repeatedly deny notifications across websites will be automatically enrolled in the quieter notifications UI." Google is also going to start banishing individual sites with "very low opt-in rates" to the quieter UI automatically. "

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not even sure I could tell you. I was trying to do something else and I was deep in my settings and I just stumbled across it. It may have been somewhere close to where the cookies are but of course every phone is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts