Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we share pictures an/or opinions of tattoos. What does everybody think about married couples getting tattoos of each others name? I always thought it was taboo. So instead of getting names, my husband and I got the same tattoo.

In case some people are not familiar with this logo, it's the Browning buck with the browning doe to make a heart. Believe it or not my hubby actually picked this out for us :)

I have quite a few more that I may share later.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't think my husband will ever get a tattoo, just not his thing. I got this one last year. There's a story behind it, but it's too long to tell. I sortof think of it as the cover illustration to the semi-twisted fairytail in my head.

IPhone 154.jpg

·
Registered
389 Posts
My birth year in roman numerals (forearm band) and a chimera head because astrologically I'm a Leo/Goat, got a couple more... Planning to end up double sleeved...

·
Registered
13,979 Posts
Mrs P has a heart with "Property of Charlie" around it (color) on her shoulder blade. I have her initials with hearts on my upper arm (just black). Not sure pics are forthcoming.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I just got wonder woman on my forearm less than a week ago. No pics yet. It's at the ugly healing phase. I did the outline and the coloring the same day. I'm so happy with it.

I'm already researching my next one.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I have one on my side. It's a koi and a lotus that I designed and my artist tweaked a bit. I planned it for years, finally got the nerve 3 days after H left. It was awesome.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
As I have stated in the past I am in general not a fan of tattoos. That said if I changed my mind I could see getting a tattoo like my dad had. USN Anchor type thing. Maybe my fighter squadron ... vf41 black aces ...

or something bushido ...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I have one on my side. It's a koi and a lotus that I designed and my artist tweaked a bit. I planned it for years, finally got the nerve 3 days after H left. It was awesome.

I saw your fish it's beautiful. I also planned mine for years. I looked in different shops for a while but I didn't like them.

I just about gave up hope of finding somebody I trusted enough. I was planning a trip to Miami ink or la ink just to have it done right.

Then my husbands coworker opened a shop and everyone sang his praises. He saw his book and we kicked the idea around for a bit, then everyone's schedules lined up and we went.

We both got one on the same day. It's fun going through the healing process together.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Mine is booked for Tuesday. Trying to decide if inner wrist or side or tramp stamp. It will be an infinity ribbon blending colors of turquoise, jade and purples. I'm having private words scripted in to it as a remembrance of strength, faith, courage and determination that we all went through regarding my son's recent accident, coma and almost complete recovery.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've thought about it. Two problems... I only know ONE person who I would trust to do it, and it would be HUGE.... I'M A WIMP....don't like pain, and this would be in full color, and go from one arm, across the back, and to the other arm.....

I want this chameleon (parsons chameleon)

With it's tail wrapping the upper right arm, its body across my back, with the head at the left shoulder blade, tongue out

Catching this type of dragon fly on the left shoulder

Dude that would be so awesome. You should just go for it. Find a good guy or gal and just jump in.

They do usually hurt, but then it's over. Then you get to have this work of art. Something you did. It's so worth it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can be downsides though.
i was asked to cover up in a bar
That's very true, however things are starting to change, tattoos are becoming more acceptable to in our culture now. Fewer and fewer employments agencies discriminate against tattoos.

Thankfully my career now (intel) and my future career (nursing) don't discriminate otherwise I'd be screwed lol. I have tattoos from my feet up to my shoulder.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have two, I'll post pictures later.

My husband has my name on his leg. He had it done while we were engaged. We both love it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
I don't think my husband will ever get a tattoo, just not his thing.
Never say never. I always said they weren't my thing, but got one about two years ago at 40. It's the kanji for dog, dragon and snake, the Chinese zodiac signs for myself, my wife and our son on my thigh. Earlier this year, my wife got the same one (just smaller) down her back to join her other two.

Hurt like hell. I knew I was in trouble when the artist, covered head to toe in tats, said he hated getting them on his legs because of how bad it hurt.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
0 Posts
Mine is booked for Tuesday. Trying to decide if inner wrist or side or tramp stamp. It will be an infinity ribbon blending colors of turquoise, jade and purples. I'm having private words scripted in to it as a remembrance of strength, faith, courage and determination that we all went through regarding my son's recent accident, coma and almost complete recovery.
Posted via Mobile Device
what location did you decide on?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'mAllIn I just have to ask about the photo of the tattoo you have, what body part is that? Is it your nose, your rear or your breast?:confused:

·
Registered
10,221 Posts

Mine :D I got it 3 days after H left me for those 3 months. It was so liberating. I'd wanted it for SO LONG but...never felt I could spend that money on me. When I found out what HE had spent money on...well, my pidley 300 bucks that I EARNED didn't seem like a big deal. AND, it was a good pain/stress release. Instead of hurting myself, I got a tat. It means something to me, the lotus. I love how lotus grow, so beautiful and strong, yet never touching the swamp from which it grows. The koi, means many things to me...strength, determination and wisdom...and my husband is a pisces. Ever calm, ever steady. So...yea. I still have to get the head and flower shaded...just haven't had time. I am planning on this winter break. It's already paid for.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.