Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a small tattoo. A pink breast cancer ribbon in memory of my grandma about an inch long. Any ideas on where I should get it? I was thinking my foot. Definitely want to be able to hide it when I need to. I already have my son's name on the back of my neck so that hiding spot is taken.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
From what I understand, the foot can be painful and may not always be a good hiding spot depending on your footwear. I have a small one that I got when I graduated with my BA that I put on my shoulder blade. You can see it when I wear something with a racer back, but otherwise wouldn't even know it's there. I've had it so long and so rarely see it (being on my back and all!) that I have to think to remember which shoulder it's actually on, lol.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I understand, the foot can be painful and may not always be a good hiding spot depending on your footwear. I have a small one that I got when I graduated with my BA that I put on my shoulder blade. You can see it when I wear something with a racer back, but otherwise wouldn't even know it's there. I've had it so long and so rarely see it (being on my back and all!) that I have to think to remember which shoulder it's actually on, lol.
I've heard this! I also read that the neck is painful but mine wasn't unbearable. I thinking since it's only gonna a be an inch long it won't be so bad... I hope. Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
i actually got one last year in remembrance of my grandmother, i altered it a little though, its in the shape of the flor de lis and it loops around like the cancer ribbon and flor de lis...i had it placed in the center of my should blades but i have a lot of other scroll ribbon work around it too. its a big back piece. I would recommend placing it either above your heart or perhaps on your wrist. if you do it on your wrist you can cover it with a watch or bracelets. maybe even on your right hand ring finger. just a few of my thoughts :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
also if you have long hair, you can place it behind your ear. i have a friend that has a cross there and its really cool looking and she is able to cover it with her hair when she wants.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I've got one on my foot and yes it was VERY painful compared to my other ( which were also quite painful). I like it though. No pain no gain. It's a bit like child birth, just relax, deep breaths and its soon over with! Lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have 6. Half back one (meh, wasn't that bad except around the rib area), Back of neck (didn't even flinch, no pain), above the left elbow (didn't flinch for that one either), left side of calf from knee to ankle - no pain there either. Chest - nope, you guessed, didn't even flinch one bit (figured the frontal costal ribs would hurt like heck but nope). Wrist (left) - HOLY HANNAH. I have another session for that one to finish it... Most challenging tattoo I've done.

It just goes to show that it depends on the person. I was told chest piece was bold and I was nuts. I didn't flinch once at all. Wrist however, I was squirming both sessions...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.