Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,608 Posts
You're a peculiar one, @Woodchuck.
At 92 lbs. she would actually cry about wanting to gain weight.....

After moving far away from her family, the lack of drama caused her to put on about 15 lbs....She climbed on a scale that showed 117, and I told her she was really "porking up"....

That was 25 years ago. Now she is 71, and weighs 137, and we constantly joke about her "ballooning up"....She has people stop her and comment her on how well she dresses and carry's herself...A really well turned out lady....

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
So, for me at 5'9" and a thin build the baseline is 127lbs. I'm very thin at that weight.
Yes. At 5'-9" you're right at the point where the traditional (Quetelet) BMI table (Composed in the early 19th century when people were substantially shorter) starts to become inaccurate.

·
Banned
2,608 Posts
Someone's weight is meaningless without telling us their height.

If a woman is 5'0", 92lbs is very slim. The baseline for a 5ft. adult woman is 100lbs. Add 3-5 lbs for each additional inch of height; adjusting for body type and fitness. So, for me at 5'9" and a thin build the baseline is 127lbs. I'm very thin at that weight.

If you add 45lbs (what happened to Woodchuck's wife over the years) that's a big difference. For me that would be 5'9", 172lbs. While not obese, that's way too heavy.

Like I said, you have to know the height and body build for weight to make any sense.

The link I provided below is fascinating. Enter in all the different heights and weights and see how it looks. And how it can vary.

Welcome - What Real Women Look Like

I've seen pictures of women my height who are 160 - 170lbs and look like they are a size 8. :surprise: They are lightweight body builders. Muscle weighs much more than fat.
She is 5'4"

·
Registered
16,565 Posts
I don't know if other fellas over 40 feel the same way. Just wanted to share. It has been interesting watching myself and others around me age and mature. I am noticing that I am more and more turned on by real, normal women and real life bodies. Movie stars or supermodels look good on paper but I don't feel anything for them. I would much rather take the 40+ with strong bones and extra pounds (who cares how many pounds - everyone thinks they are overweight anyway). No perfect skin for me. I would rather take the one with stretch marks and scars that mark the record of having lived a normal life.

I remember when I was younger and looking at Moms and Dads and wondering how they could stand the sight of each other. Now I am seeing it. Its not how you look now, but what you did together in getting there.

More literally, I hate grape juice now. Give me the wine please.
I totally feel the very same way about women in general, except for my RSXW!

If you were to put a hand anywhere near her, well let's just say that you'd fastly need the services of an accomplished epidemiologist to help identify your newly acquired disease!

And a world-class internist to help identify a cure!

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had a coworker who was fond of saying -

"Getting older is great. The number of women whom I find attractive just keeps getting bigger and bigger."
This! A teacher(!) at my high school said the same thing many years ago and now I'm really starting to understand him.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Someone's weight is meaningless without telling us their height.

If a woman is 5'0", 92lbs is very slim. The baseline for a 5ft. adult woman is 100lbs. Add 3-5 lbs for each additional inch of height; adjusting for body type and fitness. So, for me at 5'9" and a thin build the baseline is 127lbs. I'm very thin at that weight.

If you add 45lbs (what happened to Woodchuck's wife over the years) that's a big difference. For me that would be 5'9", 172lbs. While not obese, that's way too heavy.

Like I said, you have to know the height and body build for weight to make any sense.

The link I provided below is fascinating. Enter in all the different heights and weights and see how it looks. And how it can vary.

Welcome - What Real Women Look Like

I've seen pictures of women my height who are 160 - 170lbs and look like they are a size 8. :surprise: They are lightweight body builders. Muscle weighs much more than fat.
I have to confess that i screw my eyes up a little when people say they put on a few pounds and it turns out its 30lbs.

That to me is a *big* change. Unless you're already overweight its like to have a significant impact on how you look and your fitness levels.

I mean my wife only put on a bit more than that during pregnancy!

·
Super Moderator
8,025 Posts
Supermodels and movie stars are illusions anyway, at least to some degree. Many so called movie stars look quite normal walking down the street, and if you've ever seen an unphotoshopped picture of a supermodel you'd see that while many are pretty girls they look far more normal then you'd expect. Here's an example:

Size 2, Size 12, Whatever! Crystal, Alessandra and Brooklyn?s Bikini Cover | Skinny VS Curvy

It has both photoshopped and unphotoshopped versions. They're pretty ladies but also quite normal without digital help.

And take a look an an unphotopped pic of Kate Upton.....she's pretty but her body really isn't that great.

It is interesting to me to see the difference between the models in magazines geared toward women and the ones geared toward men.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
"Looks fade, crazy is forever!" What a great saying. Never knew what this meant til i got in my 40s but theses women is crazy. Dude
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Supermodels and movie stars are illusions anyway, at least to some degree. Many so called movie stars look quite normal walking down the street, and if you've ever seen an unphotoshopped picture of a supermodel you'd see that while many are pretty girls they look far more normal then you'd expect. Here's an example:

Size 2, Size 12, Whatever! Crystal, Alessandra and Brooklyn?s Bikini Cover | Skinny VS Curvy

It has both photoshopped and unphotoshopped versions. They're pretty ladies but also quite normal without digital help.

And take a look an an unphotopped pic of Kate Upton.....she's pretty but her body really isn't that great.

It is interesting to me to see the difference between the models in magazines geared toward women and the ones geared toward men.
I think it even goes beyond that. Look at cartoon characters, action figures, etc... A perfect example is the movie Frozen. Elsa is strutting around with long legs, tiny waist, and big boobs. Just watch the reaction here around 2:20 when she Lets it Go lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER4srD951bw

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I think it even goes beyond that. Look at cartoon characters, action figures, etc... A perfect example is the movie Frozen. Elsa is strutting around with long legs, tiny waist, and big boobs. Just watch the reaction here around 2:20 when she Lets it Go lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER4srD951bw
The songwriter and singer of Let it go need to die in something only the 1st century Romans could think up. Something very messy and even more painful.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts