Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if other fellas over 40 feel the same way. Just wanted to share. It has been interesting watching myself and others around me age and mature. I am noticing that I am more and more turned on by real, normal women and real life bodies. Movie stars or supermodels look good on paper but I don't feel anything for them. I would much rather take the 40+ with strong bones and extra pounds (who cares how many pounds - everyone thinks they are overweight anyway). No perfect skin for me. I would rather take the one with stretch marks and scars that mark the record of having lived a normal life.

I remember when I was younger and looking at Moms and Dads and wondering how they could stand the sight of each other. Now I am seeing it. Its not how you look now, but what you did together in getting there.

More literally, I hate grape juice now. Give me the wine please.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
absolutely i feel this way too. 'normal' women average or above average women my age or even older are hot.

movie stars and young beauties are nice too, but an above average woman my age can get my appreciation and blood going just as much.

funny how that works isn't it?

·
Banned
5,936 Posts
I can't honestly say I am looking for stretch marks. I know I loved the stretch marks on my ex, because I put them there when we had our baby together. Moving forward, I can accept them on another woman as just another characteristic of the life she has led. But I am not looking for them.
I agree a natural woman is far more beautiful than the air brushed, made up sticks with tits that passes as women today. Even back in the day, I was never really attracted to models or movie star type women. They just seemed too high maintenance for me.
Ironically, one of the things that I came to really detest about my ex, was her need to look perfect all of the time. We couldn't go out for breakfast because she needed an hour and half to get ready. We would travel 1500 miles to the beach but she wouldn't get in the ocean because it would mess up hair and even after we got back it would take an hour and half to get ready to go to dinner.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
My tastes haven't really changed - I just prefer more mature versions of those traits. Normal aging changes and a little wear and tear don't bother me at all, if she's kept up with basic maintenance.

·
Premium Member
28,169 Posts
My tastes haven't really changed - I just prefer more mature versions of those traits. Normal aging changes and a little wear and tear don't bother me at all, if she's kept up with basic maintenance.

Agree. However with age, I also appreciate more of my cultural roots and seem more attracted to those that share the same. Imua

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ironically, one of the things that I came to really detest about my ex, was her need to look perfect all of the time. We couldn't go out for breakfast because she needed an hour and half to get ready. We would travel 1500 miles to the beach but she wouldn't get in the ocean because it would mess up hair and even after we got back it would take an hour and half to get ready to go to dinner.
God yes! Initially, having people telling you you're the most beautiful couple is a huge ego boost, but as the years go by I could give two ****s what some strangers think about how I look, and would rather just be able to go do something fun on the fly without worrying about someone messing up their hair or makeup or not having the right outfit.

·
Registered
9,646 Posts
Not quite 40 yet but I would say for the most part my tastes haven't changed. I have always preferred fair skinned brunettes, more natural looking women, and would rather have one that has a little extra weight than not enough. A lot of these models/actresses all dolled up look like high maintenance, no interest there. I will say though that I would probably still gravitate towards younger women

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Give me personality any day of the week....

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
I had a coworker who was fond of saying -

"Getting older is great. The number of women whom I find attractive just keeps getting bigger and bigger."

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I had a coworker who was fond of saying -

"Getting older is great. The number of women whom I find attractive just keeps getting bigger and bigger."
Sadly, the flip side of that is the number of women who find him attractive just keeps getting smaller and smaller!

Well, at least until 60-something, when women start to outnumber men and the remaining men who are healthy and sane are increasingly in demand - but many of those men wisely stay single.

Reactions: Cletus

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Told my buddies I like my woman to have some meat on her....

And of course being in High School I never heard the end of it about me wanting all the big gals.

Now years later, a couple of those guys are the same.

Now, I'm not talking super overweight, but like a Marylin Monroe/Salma Hayek type, a size 8 to 12 with the right proportions. My wife is tiny but down below her waist....Just perfect >:)

Give me those shapely thighs and nice round behind any day over a girl with stick legs and 2 little hamburger patties.

·
Registered
17,074 Posts
Supermodels and women who try to emulate them just look like bundles of high maintenance drama to me. I'll take a quick glance at a Ferrari but I don't want the hassle or expense of owning one and it'd probably kill me anyway. An over 40 woman with curves where they are supposed to be, her head screwed on correctly, who isn't pretending to be 20 is what turns my head.

·
Banned
2,599 Posts
The perfect woman was always the one lying naked next to me....I have always loved all types of women....I married a woman who weighed 92 lbs, she has ballooned up to 137and is still smoking hot....I dated a woman who was very curvy, and thought she was great too....I always saw the person first, and the body a far back second...

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
She ballooned up to 137?

Reactions: WandaJ

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I have always liked women who were fit and always will I suspect however A huge part of attraction is personality. And I would say most guys in thier 20's will be with a witch of a woman is he and his friends consider her hot. I am 40 now and when my friends/colleagues talked about their wife's it's not how hot she is, it's all the great things she is and does for him. Personality will trump over looks and should long run. My Gf has the just average breast size and I am a known breast man. She also has the cutiest little bubble butt and I normally don't care about those at all. But I love her just the way she is and much of this has to do with her personality.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.