Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lovin this site. It is so helpful. And maybe part of what I needed was just human interaction. Talk to people. That sounds sad, but, it may be true.

Yeah, our marriage is a mess. We talk. But not real in depth. Not sure where we are headed.

My family, church, friends are clueless as to my marital mess. I'm just not one to air our dirty laundry.

So, its good to have an outlet.

And, I have a store, which I havent had very long, so business is slow to start... if no one comes in, allllll dayyyyyy lonnnnnggggg then, no human interaction. I'm a very people-person, so, not used to that. Drives me bananas not to talk.

So, anyway, TAM is GREAT!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
This site has kept me sane, I swear of it. When I joined I was 36/37 weeks pregnant with my second son and just discovered my partner had been cheating on me.

I was so isolated because I was pretty imobile due to being heavily pregnant and in pain and also from not having much family (none close by at all) to talk to about my problems except an aunt over the phone.

The members here have given me a lot of strength and encouragement that made me feel not so alone. Now that my baby is here, I am still pretty housebound as I recover and since he's very fussy, chair-bound with him in my arms most of the time, so the site is still helping. This is the first forum I've ever joined. It was under sh!tty circumstances but I'm glad I found this site. This place really is great.

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
The members here have given me a lot of strength and encouragement that made me feel not so alone. This place really is great.
And as you'll, no doubt, find out over the course of time, the people here at TAM are even greater!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Joking aside. TAM was the only benign and positive thing post Dday. Somehow, putting terms on stuff I felt and reading stories of people in the same plate as me (although, most had more crushing experiences) made me man up and helped me cope. I can't thank the people in here enough for that.
People like to undermine the positive presence of people interacted with on the internet, but I don't know how I could have dealt with what happened without you guys.

Seriously, that's a lot of money saved on therapy and books right there. Money, I can now spend on my cocaine addiction.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Artificial intelligence. Almost thought we were all virtual entities created for the sole purpose of liking and answering his posts.
Torr,
I must say that as a newcomer , I like your sense of humour!
I always look forward to reading certain posters on TAM to get my morning dose of humour.
Posters like you , AR , moderator Dejoo and Chillimorn almost always make me laugh!

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
This site is incredible! I first came here looking for ways to get my emotionally immature cheating ex wife back before divorce was final.

I ended up learning so much about the psychology in relationships that I not only had a happy divorce, but we did it holding hands signing papers and cuddling IN THE COURTHOUSE! Even went on a few dates and kissed while she ignored the OM.

I then built upon the knowledge I already had (to get girls in bed) to help others reconcile with soon to be ex spouses and many more see the positives in the worst of situations. I succeeded in getting four or five marriage back together so far which is the most rewarding feeling I have ever experienced.

Before I found TAM I was just a mess after leaving the Navy and losing my ex. Now I find I'm extraordinarily good psychology and may pursue a career in marriage counseling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.