Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am due to get married in 12 days, today we received (what we thought) was a late wedding acceptance card, but in fact it was filled with a (typed) letter given subtle intimate references about my wife to be, and about how they are going to turn up to our wedding. All very subtle and using "*" instead of the C word. Based on the description in the paragraph it has to come from someone who knew my finance intimately and from someone who feels "hard done by". We believe it’s from my fiancé’s ex-partner (she is currently in a legal discussion to get her money back from the house they had (her money I point out, she put it in at the onset)).
I think this is malicious communication, but as it isn't directly graphic and doesn't imply violence I'm unsure what we can do about it (also we only suspect her Ex-partner).

My wife to be is now worried "he" will turn up on the wedding day (the card did say he wouldn't miss it for the world) and ruin or disturb proceedings.

Should we report it to the police as harassment?

Regards

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
Do you have the money to hire a couple security guards for your wedding? Get them dressed in suits and seated by the entrance like a guest.

Not sure what the police would do, although you could at least open a file maybe, in case he did show up. But it doesn't sound like they threatened any physical harm.

C

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
Hire security and/or have any trusted friends aware of what this person looks like and give them instructions to call
police if they see him.
Also might want to let her lawyer know, and have lawyer draw up a letter to him stating what will
happen if he appears. Or take out a restraining order.
Honestly I doubt he will show up, it is just an attempt to ruin the day.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
Yes and hire a couple of securty guards for when he does show up.

Have the security dress in suits and make sure they are from a perfessional company and give them a picture of said ex. with instruction to remove him from the wedding.

Do not respond to the letter and inform the police of the protental problem. Most likely that can't do anything, but you can warn them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I read your other thread, and it makes me very curious as to the content of this letter. I also have to agree with just about everyone on your other thread... ABORT!! You barely know her, already don't like numerous things about her, and marrying someone and expect them to change is a HUGE mistake!

Please don't let her looks sway you!! Even though she's a knockout, I bet there's a very good reason she was available and ready to move in with you after 5 DAYS! IT'S JUST SKIN!!

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
I read your other thread, and it makes me very curious as to the content of this letter. I also have to agree with just about everyone on your other thread... ABORT!! You barely know her, already don't like numerous things about her, and marrying someone and expect them to change is a HUGE mistake!

Please don't let her looks sway you!! Even though she's a knockout, I bet there's a very good reason she was available and ready to move in with you after 5 DAYS! IT'S JUST SKIN!!
Just read the other thread... So this is the partner you "stole" your girlfriend from? Seems you might have made your own drama. And your own future misery, based on the other post.

Why the rush?

C

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
What a mess you have on your hands. Dude, don't get married. If you didn't rush so damn fast, you would most likely learn that this woman you are about to marry will not be an ideal partner to you.

Basically, you are marrying her because she's hot... If I'm still on these forums, here is an advanced "welcome back to TAM" greeting when you wonder WTF is going on with your life in 2 years...

·
Banned
5,402 Posts
If she's really hot and you have a lot of money guess what? She's a gold digger and sex will stop after the honeymoon.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.