Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Grunt alot. Demand your needs be met. Maybe throw a tantrum once in a while when you dont get your way. Tell yourself that you are the most attractive male in the area - eventually you will believe it. Dont forget to be imposing and c0cksure. Lay down the law and tell it like it is. Dont wear deoderant and be loud. The moose thing wouldnt hurt. Take the muffler off your hog and roar through the neighborhood at 5:30am.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a set of drums the other day, gonna make some loud noise and piss off the neighbours.
Make sure to do plenty of grunting and no deodorant. Buy the biggest drums sticks you can find. Tape curse words to the drums skins and see how many ways you can make the words sound like a good insult. RAWK!

·
Super Moderator
8,163 Posts
Quite simply?

Choose something you are uncomfortable with, or fear ... and overcome it.

Good places to consider:

Starting a conversation with a stranger, preferably a woman.

Next time someone says something you don't like or don't approve of, state as much.

Make a commitment to something ... and keep it.

None of these things turn you into an Alpha sex-pot. All or any of them will make you a better person and a better man.

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
Be the leader of your pack. Tell other people you're doing "that" and "this", take control. Make people notice some latent aggression power without actually acting and looking like a psychopath.

Work out, buff up. Speak with confidence at all times or be silent. Don't stutter. Take no disrespect home. But be sure to be able to tell disrespect from youthful fooling around. Learn to take a joke but make it so people have little to joke about.

Don't put women above your pride. Refuse to be "friend-zoned". If you're married don't let your woman boss you around. Make her ask instead of command.

Then kill a bear with your bare hands while naked.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Make sure to do plenty of grunting and no deodorant. Buy the biggest drums sticks you can find. Tape curse words to the drums skins and see how many ways you can make the words sound like a good insult. RAWK!
I bought them with the band name Venus Joy taped on the bass drum with masking tape.

·
Registered
310 Posts
don't think about how to be alpha

just be you and don't concern yourself with what the world thinks of you

THAT is motherf*cking alpha

Well said.:smthumbup:

·
Super Moderator
8,163 Posts
don't think about how to be alpha

just be you and don't concern yourself with what the world thinks of you

THAT is motherf*cking alpha
I will supplement this motherf*king awesome advice by stating one of the things I did was come up with my own personal code of conduct.

My own personal rulebook regardless of what others may think, or do. It is like holding yourself accountable.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Deejo's suggestion on doing something we're afraid of is 'radical'. I think I will try to internalize it. If I try bungee jumping, would that count?

Joking aside, NMMNG states that letting go and embrace the chaos in this universe (like no need to plan too far ahead in everything). So that's a good thing too. Halien has pointed out competitive attitude (at work and others) is another good thing.

I suppose I am not a big fan of getting the list defined by a female. However, maybe this one is articulated pretty good as a practical reference:

1. Don't let it all out - emotional restraint
2. Learn to say "No" - lay boundaries
3. Get your sheet together - make money with what your passionate about
4. Recognize traditional roles for male and female - like man opening door for a lady, women cook, men fix cars, etc
5. Healthy body, healthy mind - exercise
6. Dress in a way you're proud of - boost confidence
7. Engage in manly activities - time for ourselves

Taken from:
Hot Alpha Female » Blog Archive » Become A Man

There was a post from MEM somewhere in this forum too in another thread that shows some practical avenues too. I'll find it if I get a chance but the above gives concrete 7 points to remember. I try to memorize them so they become second nature for me and help me practice them everyday.

It is good that this topic is brought up from time to time in this forum. Can't say that there's a lack of dicussion on this matter though.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
The only way to up your ALPHA is to know exactly what you want ,go for it, and never back down when you'e right.

This has been my experience. That is the only way you will get respect.

I have a business.
We do jobs for lots of companies.
I did a job six months ago for a very large company, and they refused to pay me MY money which is a substantial amount.
Everytime I enquire politely they give me the run around.

So yesterday I decide to " up my ALPHA " and put on my
" Stewie Costume"
I call the accounts department.
Me;
" Hello , good afternoon, I am Mr. ..... and I am calling concerning a payment for * company's name *.When can I come and collect it?"
Girl on the line :
" Mr. ......,have you sent in all your documents?"
Me;
" Yes I have, over six months ago.."
Girl on the line :
* In a bythcy tone *
"..well I don't see anything here for you sir,so you will have to send the information back in again.."
Me:
" No. I am not going over this process again. I want my money."
Girl on the line:
* bytchy annoying tone *
" Sir, I already told you that you will have to.....* I interrupt *.."
Me;
" No.no,no . YOU LISTEN TO ME. I want my fvcking money TODAY. put me on to the accounts manager NOW please."
Girl on line;
" He's on another call sir.."
Me:
" Ok.., so you all want to play games? Tell your manager after he comes off the phone that I'm comming in for my money THIS AFTERNOON."

I then cut off the call, jump in my car and begin to head down to the office.
I call back the accounts dept., and talk to another girl who is frantically searching the computer trying to placate me.
I hang up again.

Then the manager calls me.

Me;
" Hello?"
Manager:
" Good afternoon Mr......., my humblest apologies. We do have your cheque ready but it needs one more signature....* I interrupt & cut him short*" .
Me:
In a slow, terse, measured response.
".What time today can I collect my cheque?"
Manager:
" Errrr ,I'm sorry sir,but it won't be ready today because that director is not in office.."
Me:
"What's your name sir?"
Manager:
" Mr........ "
Me:
" Mr......I would come to collect my cheque by noon tomorrow,have a nice afternoon.'

By 11.00 AM this morning, I got a call from the same bytchy girl saying that my cheque was ready.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only way to up your ALPHA is to know exactly what you want ,go for it, and never back down when you'e right.

This has been my experience. That is the only way you will get respect.

I have a business.
We do jobs for lots of companies.
I did a job six months ago for a very large company, and they refused to pay me MY money which is a substantial amount.
Everytime I enquire politely they give me the run around.

So yesterday I decide to " up my ALPHA " and put on my
" Stewie Costume"
I call the accounts department.
Me;
" Hello , good afternoon, I am Mr. ..... and I am calling concerning a payment for * company's name *.When can I come and collect it?"
Girl on the line :
" Mr. ......,have you sent in all your documents?"
Me;
" Yes I have, over six months ago.."
Girl on the line :
* In a bythcy tone *
"..well I don't see anything here for you sir,so you will have to send the information back in again.."
Me:
" No. I am not going over this process again. I want my money."
Girl on the line:
* bytchy annoying tone *
" Sir, I already told you that you will have to.....* I interrupt *.."
Me;
" No.no,no . YOU LISTEN TO ME. I want my fvcking money TODAY. put me on to the accounts manager NOW please."
Girl on line;
" He's on another call sir.."
Me:
" Ok.., so you all want to play games? Tell your manager after he comes off the phone that I'm comming in for my money THIS AFTERNOON."

I then cut off the call, jump in my car and begin to head down to the office.
I call back the accounts dept., and talk to another girl who is frantically searching the computer trying to placate me.
I hang up again.

Then the manager calls me.

Me;
" Hello?"
Manager:
" Good afternoon Mr......., my humblest apologies. We do have your cheque ready but it needs one more signature....* I interrupt & cut him short*" .
Me:
In a slow, terse, measured response.
".What time today can I collect my cheque?"
Manager:
" Errrr ,I'm sorry sir,but it won't be ready today because that director is not in office.."
Me:
"What's your name sir?"
Manager:
" Mr........ "
Me:
" Mr......I would come to collect my cheque by noon tomorrow,have a nice afternoon.'

By 11.00 AM this morning, I got a call from the same bytchy girl saying that my cheque was ready.
CM, drives me NUTS how many business owners would back down faced with that situation! I had a client pull shenanigans like that with me once, I dropped them, and it wasn't until 7 years later when the purchasing manager herself called me and asked if we could do business again that I did. She now handles everything personally, no more "lost" payments or run around. (They were my largest client, btw). Thing is, if they don't want to pay, they aren't doing you any good anyway, so why deal with them.

An acquaintance owned a local business, now closed, because he allowed too many large accounts to owe him, then accepted the stories they concocted, and extended more credit.... Finally the whole thing collapsed on him, and he now works for what was his competitor.

As a business person, you either alpha up or disappear....

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
An acquaintance owned a local business, now closed, because he allowed too many large accounts to owe him, then accepted the stories they concocted, and extended more credit.... Finally the whole thing collapsed on him, and he now works for what was his competitor.

As a business person, you either alpha up or disappear....
^^^^^^^^^
That is the ultimate disrespect in business. But sadly it happens to a lot of men.
They loose their respect,then their business , then their wife / women, then their family.
The same rule applies to life.
That's why I always say ," never take disrespect."

My brother in law used to work for one of the richest men in the Caribbean as a director in one of his companies.
This man is a billionaire. An old immigrant who fled civil war in Lebanon decades ago and came here to live. He was very successful in business. He was not educated,but he hired highly qualified men to run his business interest. His business empire stretches from Miami throughout the Caribbean , Central and South America.
So my brother in law gave me this account of what happened once on a crucial board meeting where they were discussing a " hostile take over" of a competing business in Jamaica .
The old man gave my BIL specific instructions on how he wanted the outcome of the board meeting to be. Everyone must say yes to the takeover.
Everyone voted no,and started giving all their reasons, blah,blah blah. Meeting rambling on.
My BIL reports back to the old man. He instructs him to call another board meeting and he will come and address the meeting.
Next meeting the old man comes into the meeting, sits at the head of the table, and addresses everyone about the strategic importance of the takeover etc. Men begin to object citing performance reports, economic outlook in Jamaica blah,blah. blah.
After about 15 mins, old man opens his briefcase , takes out a prepared document regarding the bid to acquire the shares,and reads it. Everybody looks at him as if he's crazy and starts to mumble, a few chuckles.
Old man takes out another document , an unsigned letter of resignation, and reads it.
He takes out his Sig Sauer handgun from his briefcase, places it on the table and passes both documents around .
Everybody signed on the " bid to acquire the shares" document, and the resignation document came back empty.

Today that company is the largest supplier of its products to the Caribbean and Central America.

Now,if that aint Alpha,I don't know what is!
And he's an old man!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.