Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I wanted to find out if others have worked through this problem and have any advice. My husband is a workaholic. He is very passionate about his work, and I respect that he works a lot (I work a lot too), but he also takes long, optional trips for work (month at a time) and rarely takes the time to spend with me or to take care of his personal responsibilities (bills, lawn, etc.) without me having to remind him a lot or do it myself. When we talk about it, he says that he's just not into spending time in the relationship, that he's bad at time management, and that he is just really into his work. He says this is just his personality.

We went to counseling and for a month we spent several nights a week together as the counselor recommended---sometimes doing what he wanted, sometimes what I wanted, sometimes just cleaning the house. It was wonderful. We even took a weekend get away. But after all that, we sat down to talk again and he admits he's doing this out of obligation, that he feels like I'll suffocate him (though he admits the amount of time I want to spend together is "normal") and that he needs the escape of the long trips.

Any advice? I do like spending time together, but I'm very busy too and feel like he doesn't respect that I have limited time too. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would almost say you need to work on a compromise here. Seams you want it your way and he wants it his way. For alot of men they deam there self worth not bases on there relationship but there standing in the work force. Be it right or wrong that happens alot. Maybe you need to compromise and one month is his for work and the next is yours for him to be home. Not for sure if that would work out for you or not but it is a starting place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.