Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has a stbx that had an issue with strip clubs?

After we got married my H told me millions of times about the countless strippers he saw. Later I found out that him going out to bars meant strip clubs!

I even found 30+ strip club cards in his car once!

I don't think my state has laws where this matters.. but do you consider this cheating??

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I'm a guy. Been to a strip club once (actually it was one night, three clubs). Nothing happened except watching a bunch of good looking naked women. My wife did not consider this cheating.

And as for those cards? They pass those out on the streets. I took my wife and son (17) to Vegas a few years ago. We walked up and down the strip at 11 in the morning. When we got back to the hotel my son had at least 100 of those cards.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't think my state has laws where this matters.. but do you consider this cheating?

Guy here. Whether or not going to a strip club is cheating or not depends on the couple and their boundaries. For some, it's ok to look, but no lap dances or anything. For other spouses, the mere mention of having been to one in the past is enough to cause huge problems, it all depends on the people involved, level of trust and boundaries.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I don't think my state has laws where this matters.. but do you consider this cheating?

Guy here. Whether or not going to a strip club is cheating or not depends on the couple and their boundaries. For some, it's ok to look, but no lap dances or anything. For other spouses, the mere mention of having been to one in the past is enough to cause huge problems, it all depends on the people involved, level of trust and boundaries.
This is our boundary. That said, I avoid strip clubs. They were fun when I was single and 20. Now they just seem skanky to me.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
In our marriage, I don't have an issue with strip clubs. That said, I trust my husband to be respectful enough to look and not touch. I would also find it rude or insulting if it became often enough that it took time away from our time together.

·
Registered
813 Posts
not cheating, and fairly harmless in moderation, BUT, if you both agreed it is "off limits", then he should respect that.

Been to one twice in my marriage. Once without her, and once with. Much more fun with her there! I have no real desire to visit one without her. Just feels wrong. But, that's just me.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.