Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting the Straight talk phone plan. The issue I am having is deciding which phone is best for a decent price. I want a touch screen.. the ones I'm debating on are:
1. ZTE Merit 990Gsm
2. Samsung Galaxy Precedent
3.Huawei Ascend II
Or is someone knows of another good prepaid phone..

.I currently only have a plain phone with just talk and text.
I am wanting a separate phone from the one I have on my H's plan. He has been monitoring my calls, and with me going to a womans shelter for my support group, I don't want him to see the number show up if I need to call there. Plus I figure I'd get a little more up to date by using data. :)

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I don't have a touch screen, but I've been on the monthly refill plan with ST for about a year now. They are very reliable (don't know if you've used them before or not). I got a reconditioned Samsung something-or-other that has worked fine for me.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have the Ascend II. I have the walmart Family Mobile plan...which is similar to the Straight Talk.

The phone is ok. The battery life isn't that great...and there is no forward facing camera. It is also hard to find cases and accessories for it.

I think if I could buy a different one, I might go for the Samsung.

But, all-in-all, I enjoy my phone. I had a 5-year old Windows phone prior to this one. So, this was a big step up for me. ;)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I have never used ST before. My daughter wanted me to get on her Sprint plan but I don't want to pay $80 a month.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My Family Mobile plan is $45 a month for unlimited talk, text, and web. Each additional line is $35. So, you and your daughter could be on the same plan for $80 a month total.

It is on T-Mobile's network.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
My unlimited ST plan is $45 a month, too, but I don't think you can add another line like jpr can.

·
Registered
389 Posts
We're on ST, love it too...
I had the Nokia 6790, it was okay, but the slider was complicated...
Wife had the LG290, and she looooved it... Unfortunately it needs the battery replaced... Right now she's using iPhone 3GS right now... And it's been flung across the room numerous times (needless to say, it annoys her)...
But great service in general...

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I had the LG290, too. The camera was much better than the Samsung I have now, but it kind of sucked for texting. Pretty reliable little phone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.