Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  daisygirl 41 
#1 ·
I love the man I am with but cannot see spending the next five years only being happy 50% of the time (when his daughters aren't here). I always considered myself to be someone who loves kids - I am a teacher by trade for crying out loud, but his kids? Yuck! Creepy, weird, unintelligent, sneaky,vindictive spies. They are 13 and 15 but maturity-wise they are 8 and 10. I have an 18 year old daughter and a 15 year old son who think these girls are creepy and weird too. Seriously, Stephen King could use them as fodder for a book.

The worst thing? My BF doesn't seem to notice anything going on and makes excuses for their behavior. Now he's started pointing out to me when they're being "good" because they unloaded the dishwasher or did some other "favor" for him. I tell him that doing things around the house is part of contributing. It's not a favor!

Don't typical teenagers go out and do things with friends? Not these two - they never leave. They park their butts in front of the TV or read in their rooms even when we invite them to snowshoe or hike. We just had them for fourteen days in a row and I thought I would lose my freaking mind.

I've taken to my bedroom a lot these days. When they're here I avoid them as much as possible which means living in only part of the house.

I cannot and will not marry him under these conditions, but I can't seem to think about leaving him altogether. That doesn't seem right to me.

See less See more
#5 ·
This is what my sister is doing. She can't stand his 15 year old delinquent son so she's waiting till he leaves home or ends up in jail whichever comes first.

Sad but there is no helping this kid. Mom is an ex coke addict turned drunk. The BF has custody but it's not enough to undo the damage.

#4 ·
If I were you I would do something like get a duplex or apartments next to each other. It's a new trend actually.
It sounds like you just aren't compatible with the kids.
Have you ever spent time alone with either of them?
Have you considered what it might be like from their perspective to be staying in a home where their dad's gf clearly doesn't like them?
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
If you don't like his kids, don't marry him. His kids are sitting in front of the TV all day because he allows it. And ya know what, he has the right to raise his kids the way he wants. If you don't like it... ya really need to find someone who you are not going to pick apart this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.