Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several posts about cheating spouses. Many times it is recommended to the betrayed spouses to get a Std test.There are at least 29 different STDs. So which tests do you get? It would cost a lot of money to get all 29.

Some STD are obvious , and some can linger in your body undetected for years. So what type of tests have you had to protect yourself ? or what do you recommend.?......Just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
If an insurance isn't available, first ones to be tested should be the life threatening ones followed by the most common ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would speak with my doctor and find out. Many geographical areas or more prone to certian types of STDs. Most are tracked by the Health Department by law.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I simply told my doctor that my husband had cheated and asked her what tests she would recommend, and that's what we did.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
There are some places, [ at least down here] that does full screening.

But the ideal is to be tested every four week for at least six months .

Some STD's may not show up in test results for up to six months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
STD Tests can show up with in 2 weeks, VD, HIV, plus 85% of people have herpes and don't know it. I was just tested. I have been exposed to herpes but I don't think it was from my A. I think it was from inheritance. I had these breakouts since I was a kid 1 or 2 a year always thought it was a blister from the sun on my lower lip.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I keep reading here about that 85% of people have Herpes and don't know it statistics.

Is that 85% of people in the USA or is it worldwide?
The 85% figure is a guesstimate worldwide, and it includes both oral herpes (simplex 1) and genital herpes (simplex 2).

The rate of HSV2 is supposedly about 16% worldwide.

No one really knows what the real rates of infection are. They are supposedly estimated by the antibodies detected. The problem is, not everyone who have the viruses know it, and apparently some people never show any symptoms.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is one of the scariest things to me.

I work in a hospital and it is amazing how many people are infected with HIV, Hep C, etc. You wouldn't know it by looking at them either.
I guess its a good thing that I have been in a pretty sexless marriage for such a long time. At least I am use to not getting any. ugh!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.