Talk About Marriage banner
101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
13,988 Posts
I do not think I'd be bored. I have plenty of hobbies. I am also very intellectual and find new hobbies anytime I come close to getting bored. :)

Part time isnt an option. I work so many hours now that part time would just mean accepting 1/2 the pay for a full time job.
My dad always used to say after he left work that he didn't know how he ever had time to go to work. He had a full life after he retired.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
To be fair. To avoid an unintentional resentment. To make sure my retirement calculations are correct.
I know what happens right now as I work. I can only predict my happen if I don't work.

I love him and he says he doesn't care. He has even once indicated he'd prefer it if I stay home. But I can say I don't think I'd feel good if I stayed working and he stayed home. Though if he did a good domestic job and I didn't have to do the domestic stuff I think I wouldn't mind.

TAM isn't my only consideration but it does seem that most men want their spouse particularly if they don't have small kids to work. While I acknowledge my husband is his own unicorn how can I know how he'll feel in 2 years when money is tighter than now (where he can buy what he wants pretty much) and he hates his job.

I would never want to risk our relationship. I think we'd both benefit from stay at home wife but I think I'll wait til the house is paid for before I quit. Then the money works out better. I get paid less than I throw at the house each month.

I guess it is the devil you know.
Paying the house off before retiring is a good reason, that goes without saying. Maybe this is one of your best reasons so far.

Good job!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Paying the house off before retiring is a good reason, that goes without saying. Maybe this is one of your best reasons so far.

Good job!
Yes well even if I stopped working, it would be paid for before he does. But it does give us more security to wait until then for me.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts