Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new here to the site, I joined yesterday and have read ALOT of threads already. My one year anniversary is coming up this weekend. Wow. We actually made it a whole year. Lets see if we can make it five more. Don't really have much to say. For now I will just continue to read everyone's advice and evaluate my own opinions. Everybody has great questions and I enjoy reading what everyone has to say. I appreciate the bond this community-forum holds. It's not like the other sites I've found. Everyone seems to help eachother our instead of tear eachother down and I love that. Keep spreading the love guys. You all rock.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Congrads on your upcoming anniversary. You have survived the first year, which is suppose to be the hardest.

To help with the coming years remember the following:
Be kind to each other
Fight fair- don't say or call each other names you will regret
Spend time together.
And the guys on TAM will probably tell you to have sex often. :grin2:

Continue to build and support each other. Before you know it you will be celebrating 20 years and counting. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts
I appreciate the bond this community-forum holds. It's not like the other sites I've found. Everyone seems to help eachother our instead of tear eachother down and I love that. Keep spreading the love guys. You all rock.
Laughed a little with this part.. oh you just haven't made your way into the controversial threads yet... it's not all love & roses ... and it gets personal sometimes.. but all in all.. I don't think you'll find a more in depth forum to gain wisdom, insight, share your story.. and grow...

I have visited them all.. even when I get out of sorts here...I look for another forum I might enjoy....but keep coming back here...

I warn you.. it's addicting !!

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's been 10 years for me:
Always take a minute to give a hug to each other.
If a woman: talk all you can..man have selective hearing so they'll hear 10 word out of a 100 so I try my best to get my H to get the key points I am trying to make
Pick and choose your battles
And mostly, say I love you often, you never know if he or she will be there tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone. I have just joined the forum. Been married for a little over 5 yrs now. I have a lot of issues in my marriage, so a lot of questions as well. I am not able to argue reasonably with my husband, every time that there is a problem I will try talking to him civilly, but if I notice that he's not listening or paying attention I freak out, and not because I want to but because I can't controll it. I feel like he doesn't have any respect for anything I say or anything I do and when you add his inertness to that, I just freak out, can't stand it.
Can somebody please tell me which topic to go and ask a question about something like this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Hello. I'm new here to the site, I joined yesterday and have read ALOT of threads already. My one year anniversary is coming up this weekend. Wow. We actually made it a whole year. Lets see if we can make it five more. Don't really have much to say. For now I will just continue to read everyone's advice and evaluate my own opinions. Everybody has great questions and I enjoy reading what everyone has to say. I appreciate the bond this community-forum holds. It's not like the other sites I've found. Everyone seems to help eachother our instead of tear eachother down and I love that. Keep spreading the love guys. You all rock.
Hi and welcome! Please note that A LOT is two words though. >:)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've been married nearly eight years and by far the first year was not the hardest. Hard came around year four lol.
Marriage takes Work and communication. :)

Sent from my iPhone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts