Premium Member
13,161 Posts

·
Registered
8,601 Posts
Tasorundo said:

Explain yourself, Madam!

Open your We Gee board!
Posters throw that out there to insult. Of course they're not going to do it because then they wouldn't be able to see their target's reaction. Now, some genuinely do use the ignore function; but, not as many as would have you believe.

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
It is my humor that keeps me from being murdered.

Ah, not in print though, nope.

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Posters throw that out there to insult. Of course they're not going to do it because then they wouldn't be able to see their target's reaction. Now, some genuinely do use the ignore function; but, not as many as would have you believe.
For an old lady, you be smart.

I, remain snark.

Reactions: Blondilocks

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You were pretty decent with me the other day, considering it didn’t start out very well and lots of snark from both of us at first. I mainly stay away from your posts because you seem unbending at all times and I don’t agree with your assessment of BLM and other things. There’s an air of hatred and superiority that seems to exude from you and it’s kind of scary, quite frankly. I can be an ass too so take that with a grain of salt. That’s just the vibe I get.

Thanks for your apology regardless if it was thrown my way or not. It was most unexpected to see that.

See, I was going to use a smiley face there after the ‘thanks’ but you said they trigger you so I won’t. What’s the deal with that though? They’re just smilies. To show a little bit of expression. You’re not the only one. I notice a lot of people hate them and say the same thing as you.
The thing with them is when they come after a statement of disagreement or argument. It is not them in general, but like "Hey, you are dead wrong :) " It just makes me think of a smart ass fake smile and I don't like it. Oddly, for all of my troubles here, I find it more disrespectful than being called a fool or jerk.

Quite frankly don't think Tasorundo should apologise and I expect posters who post on the politics section to have a tougher skin than most and yes you guys do for the most part.

The moment people fail to challenge or be challenged, question or be questioned regardless of their popular or unpopular opinion is that moment that we all become brainfked sheep.
No one asked me to, or wanted me to. It was something I felt compelled to do. In my actual life and relationships I am a bridge builder and team leader. It is not exemplified here, and that bothers me, because I do want to be a person that unifies people under a banner of compassion and care. I think it bothers me most, if people think any of this is in anger or malice.

I wouldn't bank on that.;)
Well, they don't respond to PM's either. At least the ones that I was concerned with actually blocking me.

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Many don't respond to PMs though. Me included, rarely, because my intent is never to have PM conversations anywhere.

That's one of my boundaries.
PM's I have no problems with.

It is those BM's....

I eat too much water absorbing pasta.

Reactions: Ragnar Ragnasson

·
Registered
143 Posts
I guess I am just a jerk. Even after trying to do some introspection and work on stuff, today is just full of more jerkiness I fear. It wasn't the plan, but alas, it seems to be the only way I know how to type.

I know I am wrong about some things, and I know I have my own personal biases and I try to look at things with an open mind. I am sure that is laughable to some people here, but that is how I feel.

I worry a great deal for our country and our planet, I worry that masses are easily swayed by media narratives on all sides. I worry that people buy into these ideas of massive conspiracies and global organizations that are trying to destroy America, or something like that. All the while, things happen at a local level, right in front of us and nothing is done.

Take the child trafficking thing, for example. There is an uproar about this, and the movie Cuties, and Q talking about global vampire child molesters. Yet, pedophiles are in your neighborhood, they are working in your children's school or church. We are caught up in this massive idea and think we are being active by 'spreading awareness', but awareness of an imaginary thing is worthless!

It is at the same time empowering, and defeating. Making the enemy so large that you can never defeat it, and that talking is the best you can do. While, the things we can do go left undone.

Tom Hanks isn't raping children. The democrats and republicans are neither trying to destroy us nor save us, they are just padding their own nests as they always have. The reality is they do not care if America burns either way, so long as they don't.

Oh well, this turned into a stream of consciousness rant.
Conspiracy theories aside, I had trouble connecting to respond to this message of yours.
Anyway - thank you.

This is a strange year, and it seems like people have suddenly become 'woke' without being awake beforehand.
I've lost some of my immediate family because I don't conform to their new beliefs. I don't oppose them strongly, but not accepting them is enough to have me and the kids banished.

Like you say, they never cared before about the local paedophiles/sex offenders (my own mother told me that he, the neighbour, just liked looking at beautiful bodies - secret camera in womens changing rooms) but now Tom Hanks is the devil himself.
She tells me the media is evil and brain washing us (it definitely isn't adding anything positive to our lives) yet she believes the social media that she follows. (Isn't brain brainwashing her) I don't see much difference personally.

I'm just sitting it out, watching and carrying on with my own less venomous beliefs. I also believe there is more to come yet.
There is no point trying to dissuade people of their views, they will just double down.
Don't engage. No point. No gain.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Tas, I commend you for both fighting the good fight and being self-aware enough to be able to look at your own behavior objectively and recognize when you could have done better. Those threads are simply another form of sport for some posters, a constant seesaw of one-upmanship, with few offering vetted, factual information. I had to bow out. Work and real life required more attention, and it had begun to feel like I was just spinning my wheels too. Lately, I've even stopped watching the news, just reading up enough each day to keep up with the latest and almost all of it is distressing. So, like Candide, I am tending to my garden as the rest of the world spins toward god knows what. :D

21 - 31 of 31 Posts