Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting married in 2 months. my fiance and I are going through premarital counseling. Its only every 3 weeks and to me thats not a lot. I always end up watching some red pill content and I'm trying to be more masculine but my fiance has lots of masculine energy. She's not romantic (well thats what she says but she likes romantic movies and such.) I worry too much. She says i need to see a therapist because she's seen too many red flags and the other day the wedding was almost cancled becasue of some tweets i posted. She wont hesitate to call me immature, and i know for a fact that im not the kind of guy she wants. I'm as a matter of fact the complete opposite. Part of me thinks she just wants to use me to have a baby. I am so conflicted becasue i think im making a mistake, and she likely thinks she is too. I'm pretty pessimistic and cynnical. I don't know how to be a man, a traditional hard working man.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
You’re not even married and you’re already on TAM. That’s all you need to know. You googled something most likely and it led you here and we’re here for you to deliver what you expected.

I don't know how to be a man, a traditional hard working man.
I think there is a documentary on how to do this published by something called Rush, I think the title is “Working Man”. That’s how I learned it.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
You’re not even married and you’re already on TAM. That’s all you need to know. You googled something most likely and it led you here and we’re here for you to deliver what you expected.

I think there is a documentary on how to do this published by something called Rush, I think the title is “Working Man”. That’s how I learned it.
Thank you @ccpowerslave

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
If you think things are iffy now, try to imagine being married with a child and dealing with this stuff — because it’s not going away. So don’t start the process. Move on.

·
Registered
524 Posts
it's that bad huh? why should I run?
She probably believes that with enough time and exposure to her that she can “fix” you. She can’t. And that will end badly for you both. She will grow to resent that you aren’t making the improvements she expected and you will resent not being loved for the person you are. It gets ugly. Don’t do it.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
Not good signs bud. No one should be marrying someone who thinks the person they are marrying is just doing so to have a kid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
am i making a big deal out of this? So maybe i'm a little to harsh on myself but I work pretty hard I think.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Not good signs bud. No one should be marrying someone who thinks the person they are marrying is just doing so to have a kid.
Happened to my wife's little brother, only he didn't know that the woman just wanted a kid......utter ****ing disaster! The OP has the luxury of knowing that's her intention AND not being married yet. Hence, the urgency to run for the hills!! Figure your personal foibles out later, but run now.

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
You're both obviously making a mistake. You sound like two people who just think because you met and dated, that you should get married. Dating is to find out what a person is like so that you can decide if they're right for you or not. Doesn't sound like either of you will be happy, so I say call it off. And don't have sex or you will be stuck with her for the rest of your life! And by the sounds of it, whatever sex makes her pregnant may well be the last sex you have if you're not really mutually attracted.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
am i making a big deal out of this? So maybe i'm a little to harsh on myself but I work pretty hard I think.
You know how many doubts I had about marrying my wife? Zero.

In fact the first time I came down to Earth was probably 5-6 years after being married.

You haven’t even gotten hitched yet and you’re already in counseling and she’s suggesting a therapist for you. That took me over 20 years of marriage to achieve.

So one way to look at it is you’re a real go getter!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We decided to do pre marital counseling. I have issue though so therapy isn’t such a big deal. The part about the baby, well that’s what’s gut is telling me.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
We decided to do pre marital counseling. I have issue though so therapy isn’t such a big deal. The part about the baby, well that’s what’s gut is telling me.
Is the 1980 in your username the year of your birth? So you might be 41-ish? How old is your fiance? Mid-30s or older?

If so, are you aware of the chances of having a high risk pregnancy for Downs Syndrome, etc?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts