Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I just got a call from my ex wife. She says "I'm so sad. It's not a happy time. You are funny and handsome and we did have 25 years together. You want to go out tonight?" I said NO I have to work on my car. "WE" didn't have 25 years together, I had 25 years while you were out banging and lying about it. What's up with these WS even a year later still in fantasy land fog? BTW, She knows about my GF. Women can be conniving. What is she up too?
She knows you have a GF? Ahhhh.... I call this the "toy in the street" syndrome. A little girl leaves her favorite dolly in the street by the front yard. Her parents tell her if she doesn't bring her dolly in, she's going to lose it. But she has lost interest in her once favorite dolly because she has a new, shinier and prettier dolly that can drink and even talk! Days go by and her parents remind her a few more times then give up. Rain and mud get on old dolly, but she doesn't notice or care.

THEN ONE DAY the little girl is outside and see's two sisters across the street playing with old, forgotten dolly. They have cleaned her up and put a new dress on her and they are having so much fun. Suddenly, little girl WANTS OLD DOLLY BACK! She can't STAND watching those little *****es next door play with HER FAVORITE dolly! She tries to take her back but they say she is theirs now. Her mom tells her, sorry honey, but you didn't take care of her so I gave her away.

The little girl is devastated. She rails. She cries. She LOVED THAT DOLLY! NO OTHER DOLLY WILL DO!!!! She just didn't know it until she saw someone wanted it.

Meanwhile, new dolly is starting to lose her shine. Her voice went out and she stinks because because the little girl put real milk in her baby bottle. She lost an arm in a tug of war between little girl and her brother. New Dolly gets thrown away and now the little girl doesn't have ANY dolly and SHE EATS HER HEART OUT watching the neighbor girls have a blast with her old dolly every day.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update:
This morning I get a text......I'm annoyed now.
I didn't even respond....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,401 Posts
I concur with Thound, it is likely her last ****-buddy headed for the hills, and the pickings are slim. So, her hormone addled brain sez, lets call the ex, and see if he is up for another round. Too bad, she has been replaced. Now, I have seen this, and even described one or two incidents. My fave is the one where the despicable POS ex shows up on her former front doorstep, she is crying, sobbing, dressed to the nines with mascara running down her cheeks. She tearfully says that she ruined her life, but if he sees his way clear, she will make it all up to him. Moments later, a woman descends the staircase. She is younger and prettier than the creature on the front stoop. She flashes a big engagement ring, and says sorry, we gave at the office, and slams the door on the ex. The ex leaves, totally defeated. That is what should await ExMrs StillSearching.
That would make a great soap opera episode.
In fact, I'm pretty sure it has!

·
Registered
725 Posts
send back a list of your memories...

"here's what I remember...

bad thing 1
bad thing 2
bad thing 3

want to keep playing this game?"

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
My response would be, "funny, all of my memories of you are bad."

Leave it at that.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Tell her you are in a relationship with someone else and to keep her texts to about your kids. In other words just because she is a cheater doesn't mean everyone is.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Her calling you up and trying to romance you a little, is straight out of the narcissist's handbook. They really think they are the smartest people in the room, and everyone isn't onto them.

I wouldn't engage with her, at all. If she doesn't want to discuss your son, why even have a conversation? And now that you have a gf, she wants to try to lure you away, not because she misses you, but because she doesn't want you to be happy. Once your relationship ends with the new gf, she'll go back to ignoring you. I'd not engage any longer. You don't have to give her excuses, and don't even engage in the arguing.

If she ever says this again, say...''Sorry, I gotta go now, nice chatting.'' And hang up. Every. Single. Time.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Your son is 21. You can't fix him or your x.

At some point you have to let them grow up.

You have a choice either block her on everything tell your son you are there if he needs you or keep this mess in your life.

You currently are keeping yourself in this. For what purpose? I don't see one.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Her calling you up and trying to romance you a little, is straight out of the narcissist's handbook. They really think they are the smartest people in the room, and everyone isn't onto them.

I wouldn't engage with her, at all. If she doesn't want to discuss your son, why even have a conversation? And now that you have a gf, she wants to try to lure you away, not because she misses you, but because she doesn't want you to be happy. Once your relationship ends with the new gf, she'll go back to ignoring you. I'd not engage any longer. You don't have to give her excuses, and don't even engage in the arguing.

If she ever says this again, say...''Sorry, I gotta go now, nice chatting.'' And hang up. Every. Single. Time.
TRUTH BOMB!!!! :smnotworthy:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.