Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm posting on here because I don't really have anyone I can go to with this and I'm hoping to get some kind of advice, words of wisdom, anything. So basically, I have been married for 3 months to my husband. I am 25, he is 31. He has two children, boys, aged 11 and 12. Their mom is married to someone she's been with for about 9 years and has a daughter with him. My husband and her never married and haven't had anything in well over 8 years or so. Their relationship ended as a result of her cheating and leaving my now husband for the other guy...she practically ran off with him. Ok well anyways I knew this was past of the deal.....kids and baby mama. They always have gotten along since I've known my husband. Anyways, tonight one of the kids is on the hospital with appendicitis and of course both parents are there. This is the first tine something like this happens. And I feel extremely uncomfortable with it. My husband wanted me yo come so I did but I felt so uncomfortable. With her there. She's nice and everything I think I'm just
So insecure lately. Idk what to do. I feel terrible right now. Is the rest of my life going to be like this? How do Step moms do it?! What did I get myself into! Any words? Help. Please.:(
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Remember that he chose YOU to marry.

You may want to also consider some type of counciling to get to the root of your insecurity

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
You should of been there.

My daughter had this done also. Her biological father could care less about her health and didn't even call to see how she was after surgery. Even if your insecure at the moment, you could of gone and hid your feelings around her. Both my husband and I were there for her and she really appreciated all of our support. She was really scared too.

Your husband married you. He no longer has any feelings towards his wife. It's absolutely wonderful he gets along with her for the kids. That rarely happens and it teaches the kids maturity. You need to get over your insecurities. It will destroy your marriage if you don't.

Both my husband and I were married prior to each other. His wife was absolutely stunningly beautiful on the outside. On the inside she was ugly and it ended their marriage. My husband and I have had the most wonderful life together. Sure I was jealous at first, but I quickly got over it. I threw away all the photos and memories of here that were in a box. She had wrote him a letter begging him back after she found out he was engaged to me. I was not happy about finding the letter and worked it out with hubby. He had written a no contact letter to her and never heard from her again. They do not have children together. I met my husband soon after his divorce with her. I had brought a child into the marriage. I was civil to my ex h, but he was never civil to me. I'd hang the phone up each time he'd raise his voice at me. I no longer had to put up with his crap.

If you can't get over your insecurities alone, then find a good therapist. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.