Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past four years I suffered from severe depression. Of course, I didn't know what was wrong with me. In my horrible state of mind I totally destroyed our finances (I was solely responsible for all bills) and I hid it from my husband. On christmas eve my husband admitted into a pshc wing after I told him about everything. I was put on meds and have been in a lot of therapy. For the first time since I got my son's autistic diagnosis I feel great, happy, whole.

The problem is my husband has never allowed himself to deal with what I've done. Yes, we are filing for bankruptcy, but he really hasn't dealt with it. I didn't even realize how bad he was deep down until he went awol on Saturday night after we had a fantastic dinner party with our couples group.

So what to do from here? He says that when he doesn't think about the financial destruction, the past, he loves me to death and has the best time in the world with me. Then he thinks about it and he is so angry that he can't stand it and hates me.

Our sex life is fabulous, we have the best time together, we laugh together and just are best friends. But this is here. He just doesn't have the time for couples therapy b/c he works really long hours and they're just not open at 8:30 at night.

What can I do to save us?

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I think you need a councelor to help you guys. He needs to work through alot of emotions that he is dealing with. I think you guys can work through this but you are going to have to do alot of work as a couple to make things whole. Illnesses can have a major toll on a good relationship, but if it is good, you can probably come out a better couple with some help and guidance. I think in time he will find out that he can develop trust. You had an illness and he needs to work through it.
Best of luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.