Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
... For the casual driver in a family sedan who commutes to work in no challenging conditions, never tows anything substantial, doesn't need fine control over compression braking and doesn't mind gear hunting when climbing an 18% grade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Come on. What is she, a semi driver in Alaska?

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Come on. What is she, a semi driver in Alaska?
No, I was referring to myself. I'm just a regular software jockey, and I have all of those issues when comparing stick to standard. I climb that grade 1000 feet twice a day going back and forth to work. I tow a utility trailer and soon a small camper on country roads. It's why I prefer a stick.

Anyone who has ever been stuck in snow knows the difference between the two as well.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
No, I was referring to myself. I'm just a regular software jockey, and I have all of those issues when comparing stick to standard. I climb that grade 1000 feet twice a day going back and forth to work. I tow a utility trailer and soon a small camper on country roads. It's why I prefer a stick.

Anyone who has ever been stuck in snow knows the difference between the two as well.
I had a full size half ton pickup with a tow package. The transmission was automatic and the rear differentials gearing was lowered. It had a Vortec V6 that produced near the horsepower of a V8, and at least as much torque. I drove loads up into the mountains of my state and had no issues. Transmissions are better now.

Yes, you are right. You can make a mistake and get an underpowered vehicle or a transmission and drive train that cannot handle the loads and hills.

Still, I think this was a kid hoping to learn how to drive and was talking about mom saying those things to him, not his wife. Those remarks are something I could believe were from someone's mother.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
... For the casual driver in a family sedan who commutes to work in no challenging conditions, never tows anything substantial, doesn't need fine control over compression braking and doesn't mind gear hunting when climbing an 18% grade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
And for me, doesn't need to get out of a ditch in the snow. How did I get in the ditch you ask? Never you mind. ;)

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.