Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
In terms of relationship advice...
Ive noticed the approaches are quite different.
I agree wholeheartedly. Advice steers women to make it work at all costs and men to get out of it now. And when women chose to leave they are walk away wives? Really? Where's the term for walk away husbands? Oh yeah, it doesnt exist. I'm with you on this one!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly. Advice steers women to make it work at all costs and men to get out of it now. And when women chose to leave they are walk away wives? Really? Where's the term for walk away husbands? Oh yeah, it doesnt exist. I'm with you on this one!
Of course I also must admit that it depends on the situation. I'm sure the advice is unbalanced in other areas favoring women. Still I do notice a stark contrast.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course I also must admit that it depends on the situation. I'm sure the advice is unbalanced in other areas favoring women. Still I do notice a stark contrast.
it's interesting, because if a relationship/marriage is to be a unit, it seems a bit counter intuitive and one person or both folks ends up shorted. Since sometimes different information can be competing info you know?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Advice is different often times because men and women are different.

For instance, if you are a woman and your husband has lost attraction to you, chances are the advice would be a lot different than if you are a man and your wife has lost attraction to you. That's because (stereotypically) women's needs and attractions differ from men's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

For instance, if you are a woman and your husband has lost attraction to you, chances are the advice would be a lot different than if you are a man and your wife has lost attraction to you. That's because (stereotypically) women's needs and attractions differ from men's.

That is a very fair example.

But also one that probably the most interesting spins too...

IE: Help my wife got fat and she no longer arouses me classics
the man will be the worst thing since Attilla the Hun and a fair amount of advice usually blames him in some degree.

but in a lot of other situations, that involves a woman's similar concern, there tends to be a lot more understanding and 'acceptance' so to speak..

·
Registered
7 Posts

Very true. But in some cases (abuse, infidelity), there should be more of a balance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Generally women are adviced to let the man do all the "work" and initiate everything(sex, intimacy etc etc)... usually this advice comes from other women.

Men are adviced to do the opposite and be proaggresive.

Women are desired. Men are not.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I disagree that it is so clear-cut. There is a thread now where the woman called herself a walk-away wife. When she gave details, everyone (men and women) agreed she was not and had real issues in the marriage. Many women are told to get out, while some men are counseled to see if they can work on things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.