Talk About Marriage banner
841 - 860 of 930 Posts

· Registered
4,373 Posts
I would make a guess that no one here really knows what you are whispering about most of the time, so not sure if "they" are going to pick up on your ... advice? Comments? Judgements? Poems? Whatevs.
I don't think even he/she/it/them knows what he/she/it/them are saying half the time. Ain't nobody got time/headspace to figure that out, not me anyways.

· Premium Member
21,211 Posts
Just so you know....

My arrow is aimed squarely at deniers.
The truth does hurt.

Hence, the denials, I am witnessing.

A circle of friends gets you through the day.

Those long nights, alone in bed, finds you unfilled, yes, unfulfilled.

Nay, not all, as some, indeed, are born, cool to the touch.

Cool, or just born angry.

· Premium Member
21,211 Posts
I don't think even he/she/it/them knows what he/she/it/them are saying half the time. Ain't nobody got time/headspace to figure that out, not me anyways.
Yep, I get that.
My doing.

What was once interesting now is made out to be word salad.

I aim to be different.
Something, not tolerated.

Not a problem, as I always get chased out of this Thread! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: jlg07

· Registered
17,295 Posts
Just so you know....

The truth does hurt.

Sigh....ok go on with it. It seems you are determined to try to shame people for....being single? For....not being "good enough" to get into a relationship? For not compromising to the point that we will be with almost anyone just to be with someone?

Have fun up there on your much, much higher position than we lowly singles have.

· Registered
17,295 Posts
Because you seem to try to shame us and look down on us. What's the point of that?

Come hang out and be a real person with us instead! Actually converse instead of mocking us with weird prose! It isn't that we don't want ya around, it's that you insult us and then giggle about it to yourself and we are all just going.....wuuuut?

· Registered
4,373 Posts
Yep, I get that.
My doing.

What was once interesting now is made out to be word salad.

I aim to be different.
Something, not tolerated.

If it's your thing, you do you. However don't expect people to put a lot of effort to "maybe" understand what you're saying, communication is already hard enough.

Sigh....ok go on with it. It seems you are determined to try to shame people for....being single? For....not being "good enough" to get into a relationship? For not compromising to the point that we will be with almost anyone just to be with someone?

Have fun up there on your much, much higher position than we lowly singles have.
@SunCMars
See? Your prose comes off as condescending and superior to others also. If it's not your intent to troll from a lofty position, maybe it's time to evolve.

· Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Just so you know....

The truth does hurt.

What are we denying exactly? What is supposed to hurt?
Sure, would be nice to cuddle someone at night, but we aren't all blessed, nor are many married couples.

Not going to let just anyone into my bedroom either, why should I?

· Registered
3,135 Posts
Dude.....whaaaattt?? :LOL:

Do you actually read any of our posts when we respond to you?

Sir, it is ok to be alone. It is ok to be single. Even if it is for now AND for all the rest of the days I have. My life isn't about anyone else, it is about me. What exactly is it you think I need to beware and take note of? That I'll continue being as happy as I am now? Ohhhh noooooooooo! :giggle:
I think that you are getting old and will die alone 🤷‍♂️. I don’t fear that personally.

· Registered
4,373 Posts
And when someone interesting comes along... I let slip through my fingers.

I'm still trying to figure out what's the lesson behind work crush.
My regret tells me not to let an opportunity like that slip again. Yet I know if the circumstances repeated itself I would have made the same decision. Work is work.

Heck I still remember when she sent me an SMS and then I took two weeks to reply and my reply was pretty much nicely "All the best, we have no real reason to contact each other anymore"

Not me 😅
The lesson is, you will always regret the shots you didn't take.

Of course, there's no guarantee that it could have been anything good or healthy, since you stated good reasons why you didn't, but you are still haunted by "what if". There's no going back now, but maybe you might be more inclined to seize the moment the next time opportunity knocks and not second guess yourself, especially with the very specific conditions that must exist for you.

Of my many disappointments in life, the only things I've regretted (so far) were the opportunities I let pass me by. Mind you, none of those were romance, just things I wish I had been brave enough to do but didn't because I was striving to be this perfect person and do things the "right" way as much as possible and not disappoint my loved ones.

Sometimes you just have to live in the moment and take a chance.

· Registered
3,135 Posts
I won't lie and say I don't fear it, more that I will not allow fear to rule me. But I refuse to be with just anyone out of fear of the unknown.
And while we’re at it, let’s define alone. Will I have some lifeless corpse I call a wife at my bedside? Most likely not. But I have my kids and my family, and even if they are all end up LD, they won’t get eliminated from my life.

· Registered
17,295 Posts
I think that you are getting old and will die alone 🤷‍♂️. I don’t fear that personally.
When I was much younger, and my mom had left my step dad and she was single for a bit, then she met a man who was a jerk they were together for a bit and then broke up. At the time I remember her saying "you know, I just don't think any of this is worth it, I'm happy without a partner". I remember being really sad, because in my mind my mom was so loving and cool and deserved a really great guy. I couldn't imagine her not having a great guy at her side into her later years. She had so much to give!

But as the years went on and she never dated again, and yet she actually got happier over time, I then believed her and understood. She really meant it, she was happier alone and it wasn't just an act or trying to tough it out or whatever. When she died in 2020 it went about as peacefully and lovingly as anyone could have possibly hoped for. And she had hundreds of adoring friends and "fans" who made sure to let her know how much she was loved up until her last breath.

I understand her now, and I'll be lucky to have a life as fulfilling as she had.

· Registered
3,135 Posts
When I was much younger, and my mom had left my step dad and she was single for a bit, then she met a man who was a jerk they were together for a bit and then broke up. At the time I remember her saying "you know, I just don't think any of this is worth it, I'm happy without a partner". I remember being really sad, because in my mind my mom was so loving and cool and deserved a really great guy. I couldn't imagine her not having a great guy at her side into her later years. She had so much to give!

But as the years went on and she never dated again, and yet she actually got happier over time, I then believed her and understood. She really meant it, she was happier alone and it wasn't just an act or trying to tough it out or whatever. When she died in 2020 it went about as peacefully and lovingly as anyone could have possibly hoped for. And she had hundreds of adoring friends and "fans" who made sure to let her know how much she was loved up until her last breath.

I understand her now, and I'll be lucky to have a life as fulfilling as she had.
Don’t let the naysayers detract. That’s an awesome story.

· Premium Member
21,211 Posts
Mission accomplished.

1) I got the single ladies to (heatedly) defend their positions.

2) I got rid of those pesky tail feathers of mine; the ones that are too long.
I find it hard to trim them so I wave them in the faces of defensive ladies.
And, like clock work, they chew them off.

I sincerely apologize if I sound condescending.

I get it.
It is the listener, not the speaker, that determines what is said.

Yes, I am very passionate about many things.

Yes, I do give voice to my inner thoughts, all of them, they insist.

I would hope others would find me humorous, not daft.

My writings would best be summed up as me exercising my Literary License.
Nothing more.

· Premium Member
21,211 Posts
We ain't scared of you human ladies, we got our magic.

Our men, they love us, that is our made-real magic.

Gwendolyn-

· Registered
17,295 Posts
My writings would best be summed up as me exercising my Literary License.
Nothing more.
So just as we all have been saying, you just want to toy with us and feel superior but blame it on the fact that you simply can't POSSIBLY not give voice to alllll of your inner thoughts.

Why do you have inner thoughts about our lives that need to be expressed?

I think at one time you said you were an optometrist? Do I have that right or do I have you confused with someone else who always had a sharp "eye" and pin-pointing lens?

· Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #860 ·
I would make a guess that no one here really knows what you are whispering about most of the time, so not sure if "they" are going to pick up on your ... advice? Comments? Judgements? Poems? Whatevs.
Dear Lord! I thought I was the only one! I don't have the slightest clue what SunC is talking about. Ever. It's like a different language. I feel dumb. It goes right over my head.

841 - 860 of 930 Posts