Talk About Marriage banner
1101 - 1120 of 1471 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,149 Posts
You could get a dog. I know it’s not the same as a person, but I think it could help.
If I was to get a pet for cuddles I'll get a floofy cat but not ready for one still.

Oh, and in my world sex>cuddles.
Sex is easier to come by than cuddles 😔

In fact, I have to give sex to get cuddles 😑
Sometimes I wonder if I should just find a cuddle bunny 🐰 again but I just CBF

Stupid things forcing me to still be dependent

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
The only thing missing I can't find in singledom are cuddles, the type where you find yourself in someone else's arms, the feeling of contentment and safety, the issues of the world dissolving into nothing. Cuddles > sex :rolleyes: and it's the only thing I can't seem to let go of. Reminding myself that there are even happily married couples who sleep in separate beds and don't cuddle, so I won't feel so bad.

Once I find a way to no longer desire it or recreate the chemical discharge using drugs I'm set for life.
Yeah that’s one of the worst things about being recently single/divorced. The non sexual affection. A random hook up is easy to find. But cuddling, laying together watching tv, etc. I miss that and knowing it will take a while to find that again sucks.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Guess I can join this thread now. Working through it for any advice or tips y'all may have.
Here’s a piece of advice that is just of my personal opinion:

I’ve read a lot of posts in these singles threads (read the old ones too). Some people look forward to dating and keep a positive outlook. Some…… don’t.

I personally want to find my lifetime partner and I don’t see myself giving up any time soon - even if I end up having more bad relationships.

If that is you as well, I’d say don’t let the negative comments here get you down. Just keep plugging away at dating until you find a good match. That’s what I plan on doing.

·
Premium Member
21,149 Posts
Yeah that’s one of the worst things about being recently single/divorced. The non sexual affection. A random hook up is easy to find. But cuddling, laying together watching tv, etc. I miss that and knowing it will take a while to find that again sucks.
I'm been trying to rewire my brain to negatively associate it somehow so I won't keep desiring it.

I'll rewire it back if I do find someone I can tolerate and trust again, but I doubt I will for a while, I'm just too done and I need another work encounter to crush on cause it's the only way love can reach me! But I haven't even been working much 😅

Ah the hermit life!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm been trying to rewire my brain to negatively associate it somehow so I won't keep desiring it.

I'll rewire it back if I do find someone I can tolerate and trust again, but I doubt I will for a while, I'm just too done and I need another work encounter to crush on cause it's the only way love can reach me! But I haven't even been working much 😅

Ah the hermit life!
Struggling deeply with this myself. It’s not that I’m afraid to be alone.. idk. But it sucks.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I’m at it again and I think this is enough evidence to prove that if you’re a woman and you mention being pro-sex in your dating profile you’re going to get alot of love lol! Bumble this time. The young guys are coming out of the shadows. One is really tempting, 6’4 lumberjack but 30 years old, right here in town. Damn, if he was 40 I’d go for it. 🥲
Hair Mouth Eyelash Jaw Sleeve

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I’m at it again and I think this is enough evidence to prove that if you’re a woman and you mention being pro-sex in your dating profile you’re going to get alot of love lol! Bumble this time. The young guys are coming out of the shadows. One is really tempting, 6’4 lumberjack but 30 years old, right here in town. Damn, if he was 40 I’d go for it. 🥲
View attachment 91198
6’4” 30 year old lumberjack?

Well done, Not.

Well done.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
View attachment 91198
Where do I swipe!!!!

1101 - 1120 of 1471 Posts