Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
17,025 Posts
Well it would depend I think.

Being single as opposed to being with a real problematic pain in the ass that you get not enough positive from=Good.

The only way I would be single today is if I lost Mrs. C=Bad.

Although, if I did find myself single in the near future (May God forbid it), I would happy to stay that way.

I have no clue if I could start over at my age anyway.😉

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
No stress, no worrying, no being second guessed. It is great, isn't it?
I'm not sure if you've read my story but the best part for me is not dealing with that phony smile and him playing dumb after being a passive aggressive prick.

And the fact that I don't have to look at his ****ty toupee anymore 😅😅😅

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Well it would depend I think.

Being single as opposed to being with a real problematic pain in the ass that you get not enough positive from=Good.

The only way I would be single today is if I lost Mrs. C=Bad.

Although, if I did find myself single in the near future (May God forbid it), I would happy to stay that way.

I have no clue if I could start over at my age anyway.😉
Going on your previous post I hope your ambidextrous. 💪💪

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
It's been awhile, but I recall it being some of both. There were some brief periods where I wasn't dating that were lonely and boring, but more often I was dating and had many of the best times of my life doing so. There was both peace without my ex, and a sense of anticipation and excitement for the future - something I'd not had for many, many years.

·
Registered
575 Posts
So your single now!! Is it the freedom and fun you expected.... or boring dull and lonely ??
Its absolutely awesome. Go where I want, when I want, and don't have to worry if the woman I give my affections to is giving it to other men.

Lonely? Maybe from time to time. But I'll take a wee bit of loneliness for the freedom I now have.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It's been very stressful me, crappy divorce, trial and not being in my house yet. All that said, it's still far better from my marriage. Having the kids 50% is the perfect balance for me. Getting out to go for drinks and dancing with the gf is something I would have never done with the wife. She was just a tool. I'm too busy to be bored. I like my "alone" nights to watch what I want or do what I want. I am looking forward to the house and picking out my own stuff without being second guessed. I think, for me, it's been wonderful and will add years to me life in the end. I'm also in better physical shape and healthier then I've been in years with the outdoor activities that I now can enjoy. For added enjoyment, my son was speaking to his mom this weekend on facetime, and let's just say that single life has not been kind to her. She's gained over 50lbs and appears to have aged by 10 years. So people can make what they want out of their new free single time. I would say for those that are not happy being single, they either didn't want the divorce or were co-dependent on their former spouse.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its absolutely awesome. Go where I want, when I want, and don't have to worry if the woman I give my affections to is giving it to other men.

Lonely? Maybe from time to time. But I'll take a wee bit of loneliness for the freedom I now have.
I share this sentiment as well. I was with my ex husband since I was 16 years old. I have never been on my own, so now at 31 years old living the single life for the first time I definitely enjoy it. I enjoy doing things whenever the hell I feel like doing it and not having to consider anyone else (except my 16 month old). There are definite moments of loneliness and sadness but for the most part the independence has been liberating for me.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts