Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If, after one date, the woman says if you want to a second date, would you let her tell you that you can't see other women? You've only had the one date, and don't know her well yet.

And reverse the gender, women, would you let a one date guy tell you the same?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
So lets see i meet a girl for a date and think this new girl that I don't know but think there is a possibility that this woman will become the wife and I am having sex with a woman that I know does not want more than the sex , yes I would while there is a chance of getting off with her ,

now i would expect a woman that I asked out on a second date to not have sex with some other guy in between the first date and second ,

I expect others to give me the same amount I give them ,
if I find out later that while she was dating me in the first 2/6 dates that she had another guy I would tell her to go back to the other guy ,

but lets push this out one more step , if on the first date she told me she had a guy and is waiting to brake it off right I would be open to giving some time , as I THINK I CAN PROVE BETTER THAN THE OTHER GUYS .

LIKE a friend used to say , while there are guys around that do work like that , I will all ways have work ,

Reactions: Laurentium

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
this is like when people put on their Facebook as relationship status Complicated
I take that as saying they are open and playing the field

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
That would come off as very creepy and controlling IF we had just literally met and didn't know each other at all. BUT, if we had been talking for quite awhile before meeting and had formed a great connection over the phone then met in person and hit it off then yes, if he asked that we not see other people while we see where this is leading then that's way ok.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That would come off as very creepy and controlling IF we had just literally met and didn't know each other at all. BUT, if we had been talking for quite awhile before meeting and had formed a great connection over the phone then met in person and hit it off then yes, if he asked that we not see other people while we see where this is leading then that's way ok.
very well put , agree with this

·
Premium Member
20,745 Posts
If, after one date, the woman says if you want to a second date, would you let her tell you that you can't see other women? You've only had the one date, and don't know her well yet.

Depends on the chemistry :LOL:

Funny my answer, considering I made the multi-dating thread lol

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
now i would expect a woman that I asked out on a second date to not have sex with some other guy in between the first date and second ,

I expect others to give me the same amount I give them
Yeah, me too. Maybe this is a UK/US difference, but I really don't get this thing of dating multiple people. Can't you make your mind up? As far as I'm concerned, dating even one person is time consuming and financially expensive, so I'm either interested enough to be exclusive (for now), or else not interested enough for a second date. And the same for the woman. If she's not interested enough in me to want exclusivity, then next.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depends on the chemistry :LOL:

Funny my answer, considering I made the multi-dating thread lol
:oops: I know 🙂🙂🙂 but that's the reason I started this thread.
At a quick glance all say I only date one at a time but if single, and dating, the one at a time to me at least screams needy, codependent, and is the very antonym of dating.

So I thought certainly that be only me thinking that, let's see what others specifically think when put in perspective.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, me too. Maybe this is a UK/US difference, but I really don't get this thing of dating multiple people. Can't you make your mind up? As far as I'm concerned, dating even one person is time consuming and financially expensive, so I'm either interested enough to be exclusive (for now), or else not interested enough for a second date. And the same for the woman. If she's not interested enough in me to want exclusivity, then next.
I get you, but what to you think about this...if a person either sex is dating and not looking for M, why not date others? That helps in finding the right one.....the one that WILL make you consider something more permanent. When you look back you'll not have any regrets you settled.

·
Premium Member
20,745 Posts
:oops: I know 🙂🙂🙂 but that's the reason I started this thread.
At a quick glance all say I only date one at a time but if single, and dating, the one at a time to me at least screams needy, codependent, and is the very antonym of dating.

So I thought certainly that be only me thinking that, let's see what others specifically think when put in perspective.
It's not even realistic to expect, on online dating apps new matches come in batches. Lets say you get 10 new matches a week, should you ghost or unmatch 9 of those you haven't even met? Or heck waste their time and keep them on the back burner? Come to think of it, maybe that's what just happened to me with one of them!!!

Before I started "multi-dating" I was dating one for 5 dates and ghosted quality matches in the process too, and guess what? Didn't even work out.

I can't go back to the ghosted matches and try to explain myself. I actually tried! And she actually replied calling me out on my BS going "so, did the month long relationship not work out?" :LOL:

·
Registered
4,989 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by "let"...are you asking if I would be offended if he said it? Or if I would agree to it?

I don't mind anyone saying almost anything to me, in fact, I would always WANT to hear what my potential partner's needs, desires, and expectations are, and I would be impressed with his communication and flattered that he thought that highly of me to want exclusivity.

I would most likely be operating that way with him already, because I can't really focus my attention on and feel attraction for more than one guy at a time. However, I wouldn't expect him to stop seeing other women while we were casually dating...but I wouldn't have sex with him unless he was willing to stop seeing other women and commit to me.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow! So how then do you move towards exclusivity and commitment? Or are you avoiding those for ever?
If one just got out of a M, or ltr gf, or is happily single, if a person isn't looking for M or an immediate one hit wonder (one date wonder) commitment how is dating different people avoiding exclusivity when they meet the right person?

If a woman you had the date with can only see you once every couple weeks, but a second date is desired by both, are you going to immediately stop going on dates but every couple weeks, putting your future in their hands?

You're that quick to let a person you don't know well at all yet, govern your life?

That's almost insane.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by "let"...are you asking if I would be offended if he said it? Or if I would agree to it?

I don't mind anyone saying almost anything to me, in fact, I would always WANT to hear what my potential partner's needs, desires, and expectations are, and I would be impressed with his communication and flattered that he thought that highly of me to want exclusivity.

I would most likely be operating that way with him already, because I can't really focus my attention on and feel attraction for more than one guy at a time. However, I wouldn't expect him to stop seeing other women while we were casually dating...but I wouldn't have sex with him unless he was willing to stop seeing other women and commit to me.
From one date?

1 - 20 of 265 Posts