Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this must be a recurring question, but how does one date being a single mother? I have a 3 year old, and my babysitters are my grandmother, and parents. My parents don't like to babysit often, and my grandmother babysits while I am at work. I want to meet someone, and do not want my daughter to meet random men. She was attached to one already to has left her life, and I worry about having men in and out of her life. Her father is not around. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I know this must be a recurring question, but how does one date being a single mother? I have a 3 year old, and my babysitters are my grandmother, and parents. My parents don't like to babysit often, and my grandmother babysits while I am at work. I want to meet someone, and do not want my daughter to meet random men. She was attached to one already to has left her life, and I worry about having men in and out of her life. Her father is not around. Any suggestions?
I have a suggestion.

Considering the baby's father isn't around (not a quality choice of man) and she already was attached to someone else that left (also not a quality choice of man, or maybe he was overwhelmed which does/can happen)....

Why don't you take a man break for a while and focus on raising your daughter to be a strong, self sufficient, hard working woman like her momma? Men will be there. You have plenty of time ahead of you to date, but your daughter is only a kid once and she needs your undivided attention until she's ready to go out into the world on her own.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dating for a single mother is a little easier and harder at the same time. Men will flock to you because they will believe you will give it up quicker, so if you're looking for flings, then you are a wanted woman and have no problems. If you're looking for a long term relationship you're going to have it a little bit harder.

Your daughter shouldn't really meet the man till a good year or so. So if you're in the mood to rumble, always meet and do the deeds in his house.

I need a little more insight. How old are you? What type of men do you usually like? bad boys, nice guys, jocks? gym rats, artsy types? What is your baby daddy like? is he a thug type? Mama's boy? Jail bird? Or just a regular guy that shirks responsibilty?
What type of relationship are you looking for? What's your personality like? Also include your height, weight and body measurements. Not an exact figure but a rough estimate so one can understand your situation better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
First, try to make it work with the father. If he has another family or is not living, then ask your parents to interview some choices for you. Hope this helps. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.