Talk About Marriage banner

121 - 140 of 654 Posts

·
Banned
8,124 Posts
Pretty much yes, that's the way we see him. We see him as someone who is not afraid to try to put America at the head of the pack where the view is not look at the azz holes of other world leaders.

I hope people realise that it is just posturing and rhetoric (by Trump).
The reason America has been falling behind is not because it is ‘bending over’ for other countries, it’s simple economics: other countries (like China) are becoming more efficient. China also owns a significant proportion of the US. And the US needs China too.
His posturing is not going to fix people’s frustrations about this.
What’s Ivanka going to do?

The best ‘deals’ are not done by mocking your partner via Twitter, puffing up your chest and acting all tough. I just hope it won’t blow up in America’s face and become the new standard for the ‘Art of the Deal’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,292 Posts
When nothing else works play the race card. Bwahahahaha !!!!!!

That's how Trump won in 2016. Left had no message and most got fed up with the Washington elite who were looking out for everyone except the ordinary citizen. Trump keyed on their wants.

He's doing the same thing now. Economy (most vote their pocket books) and the border security.
The border security is working really well as we can see

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
You are correct it's a mess and guess who is gonna get clubbed over the head with it?

Trumps already set the tone. They are walking right into it.

American people want it for the most part. It'll be the elitists in Washington against the average American.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
One has to be quite ignorant of history to say something like this, sorry. White people were never persecuted and exterminated in the same way as some other races. I am not sure you understand what racism actually is. Drawing equivalences where none can possibly exist is an insensitive and even insulting thing to do.
Quite frankly, I think you and others making this comment is full for crap. Back in the days of slave trade it was the Africans who where selling their people to the slave traders. Today, it ain't exactly the blue eyed, blond Scandinavian involved in human trafficking.

Let see. An illegal immigrate crosses the border and gets nabed by border control. He/she is detained, cleaned up, fed, provided medical care and unlimitedly released into the U.S. with a date to appear in court. In the meantime they are protected by U.S. laws, receive food and medical care .
One the other hand, some other potential immigrates are become victims of coyotes , human traffickers, smugglers who are typically run by "people of color". After paying big bucks for a promised ride to America, free medical care, jobs, set cetera, many/most are abused, starved, dehydrated, women are raped, and not unusual to find bodies scattered and barely alive people locked in trucks. All the while, the so called leaders of the country they are trying to leave has turned to place into a living hell. (or shyt hole as Trump correctly phrased it.)

An y'all call us racist.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
The tone is set on the border issue. Americans want it secured for the most part.

Who's holding it up?

The Washington elitists don't care about the thousands pouring in. The crime, disease, drugs, etc.

All the cost it'll take to feed, house, shelter them at the taxpayer expense.

Trump to the rescue!!!!! That's how he's gonna play it. Good bet the Dems turn the house back over in 2020.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The majority don’t approve of him anymore, neither in America nor abroad. Hopefully next election will put this straight. I just hope they can put forward someone with a brain.
Not true. The country has not shifted politically and remains essentially the same as in 2016. The latest polling shows Trump's popularity higher than Obama at the same point in their presidencies. After the Mueller report, the Democrats are looking petty and vicious in their attempts to do and say anything to "get" Trump. This is working to Trump's benefit.

And frankly, my European friends, we American's don't give a damn what those of you abroad think of our President. We elect who WE want, not who YOU want. If you don't like how Trump thinks, then trust me you don't like how half of America thinks either. Chew on that for a while.

·
Registered
772 Posts
As a law abiding President, Trump can only enforce as the law allows. He just won a case in front of the LIBERAL ninth circuit that grants him the right to keep "asylum seekers" in Mexico until they can be heard in court. That's a great win. Rome wasn't built in a day, the wall won't be either. But it's coming...THANK GOD!

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
One has to be quite ignorant of history to say something like this, sorry. White people were never persecuted and exterminated in the same way as some other races.
Historically, it seems to me that slave labor and crimes against humanity is fairly racially universal. Most slave labor has been opportunistic born from invasions and empire building.

Speaking historically, what is defined as white people? Race is a fairly fluid construct. It’s a challenge placing people into neat little racial boxes. Which race were the ancient Romans, Turks, Mongolians, and Egyptians? Which race did they enslave and persecute? See?

Persecution is probably more ethnically based than race, but that’s my half-caring Sunday morning guess.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don’t despise Trump just because; I look at it in terms of probabilities: I can see that he can do a lot more harm than good. If he ends up good for America or the world, I will only be happy. I just hope it won’t come at the cost of fraud or war. Because looking at his past, fraud and lies are pretty much his second name.
He's been great for America so far. Got us out of that dumb ass European feel-good climate change deal that does nothing for the climate but cost the USA tons of money. Got us out of that dumb ass Iran Nuclear deal concocted by Obama and Kerry who were afraid of their own shadows and enabled Iran with billions of dollars. He gave RocketMan a verbal slap in the face and dared him to slap back...he didn't. And looks like Iran is getting ready to feel a slap in the face too, pretty soon. He's gotten the attention of China by imposing tariffs, and it is China that is at the disadvantage here because China imports LITTLE from the USA.

Economy is booming over here, stocks up high and everyone hiring. Not ONE woman's right has been lost despite all the liberal crying that Trump was going to take them back 200 years. Not ONE gay right has been lost despite all the liberal crying that Trump was going to take them back 200 years.

Europeans don't like that? Well, guess who don't care, boys.

·
Banned
8,124 Posts
Historically, it seems to me that slave labor and crimes against humanity is fairly racially universal. Most slave labor has been opportunistic born from invasions and empire building.

Sure. I suppose it depends how far one wants to go, historically, to see where there still are any remnants and whether those remnants still cause strains within current society.
We can change definitions from race to tribes to ethnicity...but I am not sure it changes the underlying truth that we don’t live in an ‘equalised’ society, free of prejudices, and pretending that we do, might be (and has proven to be in the past) dangerous.

·
Registered
17,292 Posts
You are correct it's a mess and guess who is gonna get clubbed over the head with it?

Trumps already set the tone. They are walking right into it.

American people want it for the most part. It'll be the elitists in Washington against the average American.
Actually, no.

Americans and many of their Representatives want it. It's not the Hollywood elite that create roadblocks, but businesses.

Look up the Goodlatte amendment sometimes.

So far, Trump's immigration policy has been unfruitful. No meaningful changes to h1b. No end to h4 EAD. H1b has been replaced with the much easier to get F1 OPT. No wall. 100k a month crossings. Caravans. Considerable reduction in tourism and students coming to the USA. No enforcement of employers. No mandatory E-verify.

I'm a legal immigrant here and have gone through the system, incidentally... Trump can build a few dozen miles of wall, call it a success, have a photo op, and be done. But no meaningful changes. All while he had House and Senate.

·
Banned
8,124 Posts
Europeans don't like that? Well, guess who don't care, boys.

I’m not sure they (Europeans) don’t actually; once he stops his hissy fits, because everyone else has moved on and formed more profitable relationships elsewhere, guess who will be taking advantage of it?

·
Registered
17,292 Posts
As a law abiding President, Trump can only enforce as the law allows. He just won a case in front of the LIBERAL ninth circuit that grants him the right to keep "asylum seekers" in Mexico until they can be heard in court. That's a great win. Rome wasn't built in a day, the wall won't be either. But it's coming...THANK GOD!
There's a lot more to immigration policy than that. If stopping a few Hispanics is your game, go 4 it. It's a far bigger issue in reality, one that can't be addressed with token court decisions. You stop a few undocumenteds that get $10/hr jobs while the flow of legal - but just so - "non"-immigrants continues.

https://www.pewglobal.org/2018/05/10/number-of-foreign-college-students-staying-and-working-in-u-s-after-graduation-surges/

·
Premium Member
3,269 Posts
I hope they keep it up. They will ensure President Trump's reelection. They had the house for over a year, and what have they done for the American people?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I don't understand what the problem is - if the guy is as innocent as he claims to be, the investigations will just confirm it. Everybody that supports Donald Trump should welcome it as a chance of proving his innocence. And every American should be happy that your Congress is doing what it's obligated to, namely make sure the President plays by the rules.

All of these attempts to block everything makes him look even more guilty, and that in a lot more than what already is on the table. And it definitely damages the rest of the world's trust in the reliability and trustworthiness of your system.

Really? Is that how you want the police to treat you? We don’t have any proof you have done anything.... it we want every document from the past 10 years....every communication you’ve ever had with your lawyers/accountants...you know....just to see. That what you want??

·
Registered
821 Posts
Isn’t it what republicans did to Obama administration? I seem to remember the whole birth certificate non sense, for literally no reason whatsoever except to harass. With the Mueller investigation, 34 of Trump’s people have actually been criminally charged. How can anyone claim it was done to harass anyone?

Ah...really?? Can you tell me what grand jury was instigated? What subpoenas were issued? I must have missed that.

·
Administrator
42,526 Posts
All the studies show that he was elected because he promised to (I’m just quoting) “keep the darkies out”:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/05/why-donald-trump-new-campaign-ad-should-terrify-you

And racial resentment:

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study

Those are the main reasons and various variations on the same theme. I cannot, as a human being, stand for this. As if all America’s problems will magically be solved from this. It’s so naive to think that they will.

His common ads showed a bunch of immigrants running towards the border (that was actually filmed in Morocco).

This irrational fear is so easy to instil in people and then use it to manipulate them.

Have you noticed how there used to be so many ISIS beheading videos and after he was elected it all suddenly stopped? (That credit probably goes to Russia though).
Typical ploy by leftists, call everyone racist, then dismiss them.

"All the studies", really? I can show you studies that show something very different.

I know this is not true because almost all the people I know are who voted for Trump are not 'white'. They are mostly Hispanic or mixed white/Hispanic. Most of the 'white' people I know voted for Hillary.

Keep in mind that where I live, "white" people are a minority.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The rules in the US forbid to indict a sitting president, only Congress can do this by impeaching him. That is why Mueller, exactly as he was supposed to, left it up to Congress to decide what to do.

More than 720 former federal prosecutors who worked in Democratic and Republican administrations have signed a letter asserting that President Trump would have been charged with obstructing justice based on Mueller's findings if he hadn't been President.

Now....ask these same prosecutors (who actually had NO access to the evidence, and thus be disbarred for their stupidity for casting judgements) if they would have prosecuted Hillary...........hmmmm???!!!

121 - 140 of 654 Posts