Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband stated that he is not sure if he should attend the delivery process and after watching a video of childbirth, I actually agree with him. He's hardly touched me since the conception of this pregnancy, I fear that if he sees the other part, he may not want me sexually ever again.

Any ladies husband's have any similar issues? Or are you a husband who has experienced the birthing process, did it affect your sexual attraction towards your wife?

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
My husband stated that he is not sure if he should attend the delivery process and after watching a video of childbirth, I actually agree with him. He's hardly touched me since the conception of this pregnancy, I fear that if he sees the other part, he may not want me sexually ever again.

Any ladies husband's have any similar issues? Or are you a husband who has experienced the birthing process, did it affect your sexual attraction towards your wife?

My girlfriend had a baby in March and I was in the delivery room.
Never again.

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
My husband held me up during all five births. I squatted down with every one.

His ability to hold me was critical to my birthing success. I don't think I would have had the strength to hold onto a bar.

Dug said once that it is amazing to witness the ability of a woman to withstand the pain of labor and childbirth. He said it made him respect womankind even more.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I squatted down with every one.
No disrespect intended jld, but this reminds me of the British show Call the Midwife. They put some of the women in the most Godawful positions to give birth. I sometimes wonder how real they are!

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
No disrespect intended jld, but this reminds me of the British show Call the Midwife. They put some of the women in the most Godawful positions to give birth. I sometimes wonder how real they are!
Lol, squatting is actually great for opening up the birth canal and minimizing tearing. I highly recommend it!

·
Banned
4,266 Posts
@MrsAldi, I'm more disturbed by his lack of care thus far in your pregnancy. I think you will feel very alone if he is not there with you in some capacity. He doesn't have to watch the details, but he could stand next to you and at least hold your hand.

I think that seeing the birth might create more issues for him, sure, but it's not like they don't already exist.

What do YOU want or expect? It's perfectly fine to tell him what you would like. It shouldn't be: "If ____ then ____." It should be: "I need _________." Then see what he says.

·
Registered
302 Posts

When I was in labor with my son, one position my OB put me in was squatting and holding onto a bar. When you're in labor and trying to push a baby out, the last thing I wanted was to hold onto a bar above my head. I felt like I was too weak to hold on and was afraid I'd let go and fall.

To answer the OP's question - I would absolutely expect the father to be in the delivery room with me. If he's grossed out about the birthing process, then he shouldn't have fathered a child. The father can at least stand at the mother's head and hold her hand and be supportive without having to see the "action" down below.

If being in the room while his child is being born turns him off to his his wife/SO, that would affect my relationship with him forever.

Women go through so much during pregnancy and birth, and if the father can't be bothered to spend a few hours in a delivery room - he's no man, IMO.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Lol, squatting is actually great for opening up the birth canal and minimizing tearing. I highly recommend it!
You had a thirteen pound baby.I honestly can't get my head around that.My daughter is nine weeks old and she weighs twelve an a half pounds.I look at her and I can't imagine giving birth to a baby that size.

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
You had a thirteen pound baby.I honestly can't get my head around that.My daughter is nine weeks old and she weighs twelve an a half pounds.I look at her and I can't imagine giving birth to a baby that size.
It was actually a very easy birth, Andy. When my body gave me the sign, I squatted down and that little guy slid out like a jumbo watermelon on a waterslide.

The recovery was really tough, though.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
It was actually a very easy birth, Andy. When my body gave me the sign, I squatted down and that little guy slid out like a jumbo watermelon on a waterslide.

The recovery was really tough, though.
I did ask the girls in the gym about what exercises you could do but the general consensus was surgery or the stomach band which You allready have.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@MrsAldi, I'm more disturbed by his lack of care thus far in your pregnancy.
I've felt that way, starved for physical affection. I think he does care, he's very protective and gets me whatever I want. Maybe he sees the role as protector/provider. He never really was the emotional type, but we had loads of affection before.

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
I did ask the girls in the gym about what exercises you could do but the general consensus was surgery or the stomach band which You allready have.
I should probably have the surgery. But I am nervous about it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
A friend of mine was head nurse at the local hospital and when it came time for her c-section the doctors assumed she would want to watch. They placed a mirror over her so she could. The baby was stuck and my friend was a tiny girl. She said ever time they pull the baby up it would lift her off the table and dropped her, over and over. It’s been 23 years from her recanting this story to me and my late wife and thinking about it now still raises the hair and him back of my neck.

I am not a parent, but I had always expected that I would want to be present. In a way, I see it as my job as husband. Also I would want to see my little squirt come into this world; pun intended.

·
Registered
17,291 Posts
Both of ours were what the nurses called "drive thru" easy births with a minimum of drama and 2-3 hour labor. Doc attributed some of it to j2's excellent physical shape and exercise routine. Same doctor and hospital. It wasn't too melodramatic like on TV, I'm sure if we had long labor and no epidural it'd be different.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.