Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the explosive growth of homosexuality among women, more and more are realising they don't need a man in their life to get pregnant. do you think lesbians should be allowed to choose the gender of their baby at the fertility clinic?

I'm worried this will lead to a gender imbalance like that in china since lesbians would obviously prefer a girl.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow why would you worry about that? One you assume all lesbians would choose girls? Two you think there are so many lesbians opting for IVF and that would want to choose their babies sex.

You know a normal process for any woman who wants to have a baby without a man is to go to a fertility clinic and have sperm inserted into the uterus. This is not nearly expensive as what you are proposing. Since sperm does not dictate the sex of the baby the egg does it would yield normal results.

What you are proposing is the removal of the eggs insemination and then the testing of the eggs for genetic and other things like gender. Or implanting many and selecting one to survive.

IVF is wayyyyyy more expensive and invasive than artificial insemination. Most people straight, or gay would not choose this route from cost. So I don't worry my head over such things. AND if I did I'd worry about all the hetersexual people choosing the sex of their baby as well as the lesbians.

Try to learn to be a better person. It is possible.

·
Administrator
43,713 Posts
With the explosive growth of homosexuality among women, more and more are realising they don't need a man in their life to get pregnant. do you think lesbians should be allowed to choose the gender of their baby at the fertility clinic?

I'm worried this will lead to a gender imbalance like that in china since lesbians would obviously prefer a girl.
I don't think anyone should be able to choose the gender of their baby. In China they had a one child law. So couples aborted girls because in China the custom is that the first born son supports the parents in their old age. Plus boys are just more valuable. China now as many times more men than women. It's causing a problem.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
With the explosive growth of homosexuality among women, more and more are realising they don't need a man in their life to get pregnant.
I think every adult knows this and has for some time.
do you think lesbians should be allowed to choose the gender of their baby at the fertility clinic?
Yes.
I'm not worried.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
All couples with enough money can “choose” the sex of their baby. It’s not a guarantee though. If you’re really worried about this there is no need. I’ve cared for many lesbian couples who have been overjoyed at the birth of their son.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
No, because women can't think as clearly as men...hormones cloud their judgement.

Now homosexual gay men--yes they can choose the gender of their child. But lesbians? No way.

[/sarcasm]

1 - 20 of 68 Posts