Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Cheating. Mental illness. Doesn’t love you... Pick one. Or more. You don’t have a marriage and family only loosely defined.

I agree with others to dive into NMMNG and 180. You have an interesting road ahead.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Go, don’t waste time, she doesn’t love you.
I wanted to add something, you mentioned that to her kids come first, actually kids always come first to a mom and this is how it should be.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I wanted to add something, you mentioned that to her kids come first, actually kids always come first to a mom and this is how it should be.
I think he was making note of the hypocrisy that, in her eyes, she should come first no matter what to him, when she doesn't need to adhere to the same outlook.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Your wife didn't get better at bjs from having an affair with a woman. How did you come to provide funds for a car that is registered to someone else and who is that person?

I have never seen a woman place her hands between another woman's legs to warm them. Is your wife from a different culture/country? And, her boss?
Yes, Marcy. But it is not shoved in one's face and it is not bragged about to others. A man would like to feel that he has some importance to his wife. not further dow hierarchy list. The point in making the statement is in fact that she expects me to place her 1st including in front of the children and was quite annoyed when I told her she can't expect that. How ironic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Your wife didn't get better at bjs from having an affair with a woman. How did you come to provide funds for a car that is registered to someone else and who is that person?

I have never seen a woman place her hands between another woman's legs to warm them. Is your wife from a different culture/country? And, her boss?
Yes. She is from Colombia. I have spoken to many Colombians and that is not a part of her culture.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes, Marcy. But it is not shoved in one's face and it is not bragged about to others. A man would like to feel that he has some importance to his wife. not further dow hierarchy list. The point in making the statement is in fact that she expects me to place her 1st including in front of the children and was quite annoyed when I told her she can't expect that. How ironic.
She is selfish. If her kids come first to her, than she knows and should accept that kids come first to you too, not her. She is playing you to hide the fact that she doesn’t love you and make you feel like you are the one who doesn’t.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Here’s my perspective... I would never treat someone I love that way. I would never speak to someone I love and respect that way. If I want my marriage to work, I would do anything. I would be the one leading the pact trying to improve myself.

Her actions do not show that she wants this. You can’t convince your wife to be a wife and you shouldn’t have to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here’s my perspective... I would never treat someone I love that way. I would never speak to someone I love and respect that way. If I want my marriage to work, I would do anything. I would be the one leading the pact trying to improve myself.

Her actions do not show that she wants this. You can’t convince your wife to be a wife and you shouldn’t have to.
I am not perfect nor do I pretend to be. Naturally, I have my faults as well. But I have pleaded with her and All I get is "I don't see a problem with that." She got angry with me. Linked up with her girls from work. Changed her cell phone number. Started looking for her vehicle with her friends and shut me out. To me, it was like she left the marriage at that point. As I said earlier, She now has a car registered and insured in someone else's name of whom I'm not sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I am not perfect nor do I pretend to be. Naturally, I have my faults as well. But I have pleaded with her and All I get is "I don't see a problem with that." She got angry with me. Linked up with her girls from work. Changed her cell phone number. Started looking for her vehicle with her friends and shut me out. To me, it was like she left the marriage at that point. As I said earlier, She now has a car registered and insured in someone else's name of whom I'm not sure.
That act alone is a betrayal of matrimony.

·
Registered
924 Posts
For the love of god, stop pleading with her. Marriage is difficult enough. Don’t marry other cultures, it’s just that much harder.

·
Registered
366 Posts
For the love of god, stop pleading with her. Marriage is difficult enough. Don’t marry other cultures, it’s just that much harder.
It’s not her culture, it’s her. My hubby and I come from same country, culture, religion, and now I feel like the only things I have in common with him are nationality and language.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Female perspective:

Go. You may love her but she doesn’t love you. Stop crying. Stop pleading. Just go.
I am not pleading. I am seeking knowledge from you all. I have filed for divorce. I have attorney. I just have second thoughts. This is a difficult time. I'm just trying to work myself through it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It’s not her culture, it’s her. My hubby and I come from same country, culture, religion, and now I feel like the only things I have in common with him are nationality and language.
I agree. Are you Colombian? My wife and I have little in common also. I know what I must do. I just need to work my way through it. With help from you all I will succeed.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts