Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per my previous thread, I have been involved with my partner for 11yrs. We have 2 children, 8yrs apart, and have had our share of ups and downs. I finally officially proposed 3 yrs ago, we moved back in together, and bought a new place to build to together.

Only 4 months ago, we visited a place for our wedding. We were both excited. FF to recent and she has now told me she does not love me enough. She used to say "she was in it all the way", and "I will have to leave her". I am just so sharply shocked right now.

I know the previous posts indicated I really screwed up, she was done, get over it, but you must understand, my heart cannot stop that easy. We have had several LONG talks over the last couple weeks and I even got her to give me a kiss. We both recognize that one of the BIG problems is our lack of communication which would help us both understand each other.

She is still living in the house with me, we are somewhat talking, but I asked her tonight if I should arrange to get stuff sold and get her some money and she said, "yeah". I just really don't know what to do right now. Every breath of me wants to work to the Nth degree to fix this but I am so worried that I am just setting myself up for more pain. I am already puking and not sleeping.

Is there something I can do or try that would at least test if there is something worth fixing here?

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
May I encourage you to read 5 Pillars of Compatibility (& Incompatibility) and consider how she feels about each of the areas, too? I think you'll find that you're not compatible on at least two of the areas, which means you're about as incompatible as you can be compatible.

While it's not easy to stop loving someone, when they don't love you back it's necessary to find a way to get over them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.