Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Yes, well...that is the thing. I am uncertain of my motives. I would prefer to exit gracefully as opposed to with a train wreck. I vascilate between feeling like disclosing the truth is "closure," and sometimes I feel like it is revenge.
SU you know why you're wanting to tell his wife. Despite what folks say about him deceiving you, you knew what you were getting into and the odds going in. Be honest. The boy was married the whole time and you "believed" what he was saying because he was laying a path you were eager to follow. If you really felt the wife should know, you'd made sure that was taken care of before the 4 day "romantic" getaway. On the bright side, he probably wasn't lying about a sexless marriage. Only you can decide whether you want to exit the train after a fun trip or engineer it into a wreck.

Gee, I always love it when my posts get deleted by a moderator for no reason. I originally posted in this thread, sharing valuable and keen insight against someone who has slept with a married man, full knowing that he was a married man. My post was censored, because the moderator did not agree with my standpoint or views. So...as long as my views are in agreement with the moderator, they can remain, but if my views differ than that of the moderators, they get erased. Isn't that called a monarchy forum.

Gee, I always love it when my posts get deleted by a moderator for no reason. I originally posted in this thread, sharing valuable and keen insight against someone who has slept with a married man, full knowing that he was a married man. My post was censored, because the moderator did not agree with my standpoint or views. So...as long as my views are in agreement with the moderator, they can remain, but if my views differ than that of the moderators, they get erased. Isn't that called a monarchy forum.
Highly doubt it. Surely you didn't post within guidelines.

ETA
I didn't read you post BTW, it's just a mere observation. I've never seen mods deleting posts just becasue the don't agreed with the contect in my last 3 years here.

Yes. It is. And they were right. It is a monarchy, not a democracy. (Why? Because the person who owns a private forum gets to make the rules.)

Your post was of dubious value and your insight less than keen.

Okay, here is some sound advice for the poster of this thread. You want to do what is right? You want to make things right in your own sight? Do you want to rid yourself of your guilt? You need to go to this husband's wife directly and tell her of your actions and apologize and ask for forgiveness. She is in her right not to forgive, but it would do her well to forgive. However, by allowing yourself to be open and honest, you will not only rid yourself of this guilt you have hovering over you, but you will humble your character and make you stronger. Don't hide from this, but expose it and come clean. Go to the wife! That is the best I can give you, if you are still on this forum, reading these answers.

I say do it, I was in a similar situation earlier in the year but it was a casual thing not a relationship.
I went to his wife, it did not go how I thought it would go. I felt better knowing that I had done the right thing by this woman.
Awesome words! Great advice from someone that has been down this road...even recently. Understandable that it did not go as expected or hoped, but you felt good inside that this was the right way in which to go and I am sure a lot has been taken off your chest. Good for you my dear lady...good for you.

I hope "StraightenUp" logs back into this forum and reads this.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.