Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My History: I've been married 15 years, 2 kids, 5 years ago caught H having a cyber relationship with someone (Found a photo of her on his phone), but I believe they never met, I spoke with her and she said it was 'nothign serious, a bit of fun, no harm ment!' (easy for her to say!) but 2 years ago, I found him registered on a sex site, which I forgave, I have a very low SD and partly blaimed this, but it was only ever over the internet/mobile phone, no actual physical contact.

Now: A couple of days ago I found a message on facebook from another woman, calling my husband names and threatening to phone him at 4pm in the afternoon! I confronted my H with this, I was very calm, didn't shout or cry, but I knew he was upto something a married man shouldn't be. He got really upset, burst into tears, told me it was over, he had finished it a few weeks ago, New Year resouloution! he loved me and realised it was wrong and he didn't want to hurt me (Bit Bl**dy late!) but he had met her and had sex on one ocassion, but did other things another couple of times with her, it was purley sex, no relationship, no love, but had been going on for about 8 months! My life fell apart! I don't even know where to start, he says he'll do anything I want him to, but I don't even know what that is yet, I do love him and he is a good father, but I don't know if I could ever touch him sexually again, I have had sex with him since he was with her (he promised he wore a condom!) but I have first and formost got him to go to the STD clinic, awaiting results!. I feel disgusted, stomach churning revolt to him touching me.

I believe he has been honest he has answered every question I have asked however much the answer hurt me! He says he wants to make it work, I feel stupid for 'forgiving' the cybersex if this is where it has led, will these feelings get better? would be great if there was someone out there who has experienced similar to talk to............

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I went through much worse with my husband of 20 plus years. However, my husband chose to leave, felt no remorse, and destroyed at least five people's lives. There is hope for you. It may be wise for you and your husband to see a marriage counselor to get through this.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Why do believe anything he tells you right now?? He's a proven liar and a cheater. Until he comes totally clean to you and starts demonstrating he deserves to be trusted, take everything that comes out of his mouth as a lie.

And by demonstrating, I mean gives you full, unhindered and total access upon demand to his phone, emails, computer, credit card and bank statements, EVERYthing.

And stop having sex with him!!!! Why on earth do you want to do something that makes you feel so horrible? Make him give you those STD test results in writing too.

You cannot believe a word he says right now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
:iagree:

He needs to prove that he has changed - not just say it, and that will take time.

Yes, don't have sex until those results come in.

·
Super Moderator
29,330 Posts
Yes. STD testing is sensible as there is still a risk -though somewhat lessened- of STD transmission even with the use of a condom.

I hope you can get through this in the way that is best for you and your children.

You have already made one very wise decision. You came to TAM. You'll get all the help you might need as we have all been through what you are going through one way or another.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He told me he had deleted everything, but the message she had sent him was of a scorned woman, 'What Happened?' 'I'm fuming, gonna call you' etc. My husband rarely cries, but just sobbed, he has given me control of everything, all his passwords to everything, I have her email address and phone number, which was not on any of his accounts, but she owns a salon and from her name and where she lived and the million of questions I asked. He says she is married and he never ever had any intention of leaving me or his children, it was just sex.
And I won't touch him until I see the results in black and white!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just desperate to find a light at the end of a tunnel, somewhere......
Has anyone felt like this, he was a virgin when we met, and that was something I always loved abut him, maybe I have a problem with this more than others, but I feel he has been contaminated, diseased, how do you get over that?

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
You may never get over it. Many BS's divorce their WS because they can't stand the thought of being married to them.

Give it time. Don't make any decisions right now. Monitor him and see how he acts.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Do you have people in your real life that you can go and talk to, like right now? Parents? Friends? A counselor of some kind - a priest or whatever? You need someone who can help and support you right now, and it would help if they were close by, and in physical contact.

·
Premium Member
5,783 Posts
You're in shock and the thought of your H actually being your H is hard for you now.

If you're going to deal with it and stay together, you need to know everything that you're dealing with. You need the truth. If you read threads here you will find that the lying and the trickling of truth by the cheating spouse is almost the biggest obstacle to dealing with the affair and the pain.

I don't believe at all that you have the truth yet. Since your H sounds contrite, you may have a chance of getting it from him and you should try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I told my best friend, but she's asleep now and I'm always worst at night, but has had a completely different senario and has the attitude of 'jump on him, claim your stake!' which I can't do, as I said I have had sex with him, since he slept with her (as I didn't know!) but now I know I feel disgusting!
I do believe they only had sex once, but met 2 other times, he had an serious accident in the middle of it and could drive for quite a while!

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
would that solve anything? she has a very disabled son, She needs to tell him, not me I think!
Please read the newbie link in my signature. Exposure is a very sure way of stopping an affair in it's tracks. If her husband doesn't know what is going on , he cannot help put a stop to it. The fact she has a disabled son is totally irrelevant here - SHE cheated WITH YOUR HUSBAND!!!!! Doesn't that piss you off?????

·
Super Moderator
29,330 Posts
I'm just desperate to find a light at the end of a tunnel, somewhere......
Has anyone felt like this, he was a virgin when we met, and that was something I always loved abut him, maybe I have a problem with this more than others, but I feel he has been contaminated, diseased, how do you get over that?
With counselling and a great deal of time.

I have a sort of different perspective on this. My wife had an affair and I had a stupid revenge affair so I have been were you are and were your husband is. Even down to the scorned screaming woman. (It transpired she had targeted me as a suitable spouse for a very long time, but even so I regret she got hurt.)

·
Super Moderator
29,330 Posts
I feel more sad than angry, but that just might be the shock! and disgusted!
When my wife had her affair I felt no anger, just awful sadness. A lump in my chest. Horrible, horrible feeling.

But, 15/16 years later, we are still together.

·
Super Moderator
29,330 Posts
Thank you MattMatt you are the first person who has given me hope.
Glad to be of help.

There are several things you can do. Divorce and move on. Divorce and remarry him, or stay with him but ensure he and you get proper counselling that does not involve an equal share of blame. Because it's not your fault.

If one partner in a marriage has a low sex drive that can't be fixed by medical intervention then the other partner just has to tend to their own needs by themselves. If you see what I mean.:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.