·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like collecting quotes. Here are some of my favourites

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. ~Shakespeare

“The most important things in life aren't things.”

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." (Mother Teresa)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
- Aristotl

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
My Favorite Quote

Come to the edge.”
“We can't. We're afraid.”
“Come to the edge.”
“We can't. We will fall!”
“Come to the edge.”
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

Guillaume Apollinaire

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers.
Ranier Rilke

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.
Garrison Keillor

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Faith is what someone knows to be true, whether they believe it or not. - Flannery O'Connor

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.
Mark Twain

·
Registered
725 Posts
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Mark Twain

·
Registered
725 Posts
A ship in harbor is safe-But thats not what ships are built for.

John Shedd

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
A lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it: it would be hell on earth. - George Bernard Shaw

American women expect to find in their husbands a perfection that English women only hope to find in their butlers. - W Somerset Maugham

One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us. - Kurt Vonnegut

·
Registered
366 Posts
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Don't you just love the fact that Nietzsche "That which does not kill you makes you stronger" went insane and died young from syphilis?

That is being hit by cartoon anvils from space level irony.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Worlds can be conquered,

Galaxies destroyed,......

but a woman is always a woman.

James T Kirk, Captain USS Enterprise.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
"Those who do not remember the past will be condemned to repeat it."

I don't know who said it originally, but my world history HS teacher ingrained it in my head. I love it.

Reactions: Exsquid
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.