Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I like holiday traditions. Do those count?

I would think so. The family picking out the perfect Christmas tree together. The annual trip to the pumpkin patch. Thanksgiving and the traditional drunken relative. Waiting anxiously for the pond to be declared frozen for ice skating to commence. Good times.

·
Premium Member
6,344 Posts
The best! 😊

I would think so. The family picking out the perfect Christmas tree together. The annual trip to the pumpkin patch. Thanksgiving and the traditional drunken relative. Waiting anxiously for the pond to be declared frozen for ice skating to commence. Good times.
More Christmas...😬

And when I was very young, I spent lots of time in front of the television. Jot was my first Bible teacher, and I have very fond memories of these cartoons.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes this does happen at weddings here all the time:

You from Hawaii? I had friend that was dating a Hawaiian girl that was in Okla. Getting degree in Marine Biology. Craze going to college in a land locked state to get Marine Biology degree. He should have married her and moved back with her.

·
Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You from Hawaii? I had friend that was dating a Hawaiian girl that was in Okla. Getting degree in Marine Biology. Craze going to college in a land locked state to get Marine Biology degree. He should have married her and moved back with her.
I am from Hawai’i, from the Island of Kaua’i originally, but live on the island of O’ahu. I keep telling my wife when I finally retire, that I would like to move back to Kaua’i but it is too country for her.

Kanaka maoli.

·
Premium Member
6,344 Posts
What a gorgeous place! The light coming through the waves is stunning! 🤗

My favorite documentaries about waves/surfing are the ones where the guys tow each other out, and then they ride the humongous waves! Have you ever done that?

@minimalME
This is where I spent my youth... this exact surf spot, walking distance from where I grew up

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
So I spent my 30th anniversary in Kaua’i (first time ever in Hawaii -- 2 days in Honolulu, then 10 in Kauai) -- awesome place. Only 2 gripes: 1. I rented a mustang and the entire island has a speed limit of 50mph.o_O
I went from 0-50 VERY quickly, but couldn't really open it up. If I go back, I'd rent a Jeep -- LOTS of cool places to get to but you need 4wd.
2. I spend the last 3 days in the outreaches of a hurricane! Never did get to go snorkeling (wanted to do that down at Poipu beach!)

·
Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What a gorgeous place! The light coming through the waves is stunning! 🤗

My favorite documentaries about waves/surfing are the ones where the guys tow each other out, and then they ride the humongous waves! Have you ever done that?
I did a long time ago, I am just too old to be surfing big waves nowadays.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Native American/Cowgirl
Lucky I could still find a place to ride bareback when I was a girl. None of these are me. We had a polaroid and all photos faded. Wild and free.

My music culture:

Pets and the great outdoors.
This is one of my past dogs, Letitia, on San Marcos River. Where I wish I could be right now.

LetitiaSwims2.jpg
:

Reactions: Ikaika

·
Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Even true among Na Wahine Kanaka Maoli (native Hawaiian women), hair is their jewel.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
My people have been trending on combining traditional folk music (including throat singing) and instruments with modern ones, the result - folk metal/rock. The most successful so far has been "the Hu", even made it to Star Wars canon!

And while touring they ended up stuck here down under during quarantine! 😆 It's nice to be known for more than being bloodthirsty barbarians... even though one of those songs was based on a war poem written by a Mongol prince lol :)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Ahhh... another Arkie

Izard County... I traveled with my father in 2007 spending two weeks in the Melbourne area and he showed me all the cabin piles (former homes) he lived in as a kid in the 1930's/early 1940's.
Izard isn't too far from Poinsett County - my family's stomping grounds. That state has 75 counties! Every time someone threw up a pop stand, they started a new county.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
My people have been trending on combining traditional folk music (including throat singing) and instruments with modern ones, the result - folk metal/rock. The most successful so far has been "the Hu", even made it to Star Wars canon!

And while touring they ended up stuck here down under during quarantine! 😆 It's nice to be known for more than being bloodthirsty barbarians... even though one of those songs was based on a war poem written by a Mongol prince lol :)
Khan wasn't any worse than other conquerors like Alexander the Great. He didn't believe in slaughtering those he conquered - he believed in incorporating them into his empire. What good is land without people? Hence, why so many Afghans have the surname Khan.

Still not a fan of the throat singing:p (loved the instrumentation). Maybe that can be combined with the dances of the Uchinanchu.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts