Talk About Marriage banner
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
19,207 Posts
Yes. Regardless of the reason.

Jealousy, Territorialness, Online brand management, standards within a marriage, prior issues with pictures (which she admitted happened)

He has a standard. She should respect it.
Agreed . If a spouse has boundaries then why would we not respect them? It's not up to us to push those boundaries or ignore them, but to respect them. His seem wise and sensible which almost everyone here agrees with.

·
Premium Member
14,370 Posts
I just think you need to know the person you marry well enough to already know their boundaries before you marry them. If you don't want your spouse posting for attention online, then don't marry a thirsty person who posts for attention online.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
I just think you need to know the person you marry well enough to already know their boundaries before you marry them. If you don't want your spouse posting for attention online, then don't marry a thirsty person who posts for attention online.
I don’t disagree, but I have some experience with this.
My ex wife was a nice looking girl, but not a bikini model type. Wide hips which I liked, nice legs, but kinda barrel chested. Her younger sister had a great figure and was favored by her mom but was wild as hell. My ex seemed the opposite and as a whole, was pretty trustworthy I thought. I knew abd she admitted that she was always jealous of her sister and the attention she got from boys. Since smart phones and social media wasn’t a thing back then, I didn’t have a clue what an attention ***** she was. When she got a smart phone and started posting pictures on social media abd getting attention, she went berserk. Was having online and likely in person affairs with multiple guys at once.
Sometimes people don’t show their deep character flaws because the right stimulus to bring them out doesn’t happen often.
My point: Sometimes it’s hard to catch. And when a person is young and in love, they aren’t looking for red flags like a person my age.

I will say that both the OP ahusband probably love some attention and ego kibbles, and these type of people are playing with fire.

I think seeking ego kibbles is an addiction and like all addictions, gets worse and worse until it finally blows up.

OP,
You really need to see your behavior for what it is. There’s nothing to gain by seeking all these “likes”. Social media is a trap that lots and lots of people are allowing to destroy their lives.

I urge you to accept your husband’s request to stop it, and also urge you both to get out of the habit of looking for likes and such. It’s just a really bad habit that will eventually cost you both.

I saw on here a report one times they said 80% of divorce filings have the word fb in them now. I don’t know if it’s true, but social media is most definitely not a good thing for marriage.
And might I say, married women that are posting bikini pictures on social media…… anybody that sees it knows what that’s all about. That’s why you get the creeps.

money last thing, you know what the difference is between a creep and a regular guy? The creep is someone that isn’t attractive to the person being creeped out.

Eventually some really exceptionally handsome dude is going to put the feelers out and respond to your scandalous pics and you’re gonna like it. Downhill slope from there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
This is truly a sick and narcissistic mindset.. You get to push your own boundaries, you don’t get to force other people to push theirs.

You may find out sooner or later that when you push someone else’s boundaries far enough (if they have any self-respect) they’ll just leave you.
I said pushing boundaries, not my husbands. It was a general statement and my intention was for him to push his own boundaries by contemplating my perspective as I’ve done for him Many times with positive results. Goodness, you just misunderstood.. everything is going to be fine. Koooosfraba. Oh!!! I just figured my next post, thank you dude!

·
Registered
19,207 Posts
You respect reasonable boundaries.

Both... hopefully with a husband who doesn't want to control me. In that case, I would pick another husband more in tune with my view of the world.
I dont have a husband who controls me, but I wouldn';t disrespect him by doing what the OP does anyway. Its not controlling to care about your marriage and have wise boundaries.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I dont have a husband who controls me, but I wouldn';t disrespect him by doing what the OP does anyway. Its not controlling to care about your marriage and have wise boundaries.
But what if you think that the boundaries are not reasonable? Like, it really upsets you. You would still respect your husband's whishes, I guess, and be unhappy.

·
Registered
19,207 Posts
But what if you think that the boundaries are not reasonable? Like, it really upsets you. You would still respect your husband's whishes, I guess, and be unhappy.
That's when marrying someone who is on your wave length in things like this is so important. He knows I wouldn't do something like this so he wouldn't need to ask me not to. As for other stuff, if he ever did ask me not to do something I wouldn't do it, because being he is the most easy going laid back guy ever, so it would have to be something very important for him to even ask.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts