Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
You might as well divorce with your attitude.
It’s not about who has the valid opinion.
You are seeking attention from other men, he’s not an idiot, and you are totally disregarding his feelings.

What’s your next move? My guess is you’ll start getting into a back and forth with some cute guy who likes your pictures, your husband will show righteous anger, and you will hit him with the “why are you so insecure??????😇”
Or “you’re so controlling”…..

just slap in the face, tell him he’s not good enough for you, and that you are too hot to be with him.

because that’s exactly what you’re doing with your social media posts.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
You might as well divorce with your attitude.
It’s not about who has the valid opinion.
You are seeking attention from other men, he’s not an idiot, and you are totally disregarding his feelings.

What’s your next move? My guess is you’ll start getting into a back and forth with some cute guy who likes your pictures, your husband will show righteous anger, and you will hit him with the “why are you so insecure??????😇”
Or “you’re so controlling”…..

just slap in the face, tell him he’s not good enough for you, and that you are too hot to be with him.

because that’s exactly what you’re doing with your social media posts.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
Women get unwanted attention from men no matter what unfortunately, I’m not signaling to anyone and it’s obvious. My bio, and the majority of my pics are family oriented. so, the few pics of me in workout clothes or a bathing suit are not the centerpiece but a piece of the whole. I’m not shaking my butt or jiggling my boobs, I’m showing off to friends and family. I’m saying “look how good I look” not “hey strange man, message me privately”
Why would friends and family also like the pictures? Cause it’s okay to show off! They don’t think the same thing as creeps online, they like my outfit, the background choice, my effort! Times are changing, women are not putting on makeup and cute clothes for men anymore. I’m not referring to thirst traps, Pictures that are sexual. I’m referring to pictures that display your beauty/youth/health/style.. it’s okay to show the world (my profile is private so only friends, family, and the occasional creeps that get deleted as soon as they do creepy stuff) that you’re feeling yourself and confident. My husband posts pictures of himself looking good too. Showing his muscles, jumping rope in the gym. What’s the difference?
I’m just going to say this:
If you’re posting pictures of you in a bathing suit on fb, I think you’re fishing.
So does your husband.
If he’s posting “workout” photos showing his muscles and such, he is fishing too.
Fishing for:
Opposite sex interest
Ego kibbles

it’s one of the two.

Now that’s just my opinion.

You are wanting to show off your body.
My question for you is: WHY?

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
The play by play:

She’s posted self proclaimed “truly scandalous” pics of herself on fb.

She knows people think she’s hot because they respond with fire emojis

she has received creepy comments and has had to put a warning in her page that she doesn’t want them. (Ha! I disagree, she wants)

Her husband is embarrassed and jealous and ashamed, yet she plays mental gymnastics and tries to make it seem (her word) scandalous pics she posts are only for “likes”.

Its only a matter of time before she labels him insecure and controlling. Or those words have likely already been used toward him.

Thus brings to mind the “baby’s got her blue jeans on” song.

she can’t help it if she’s made that way
She’s not to blame if they look her wayyyyy
She’s not really tryin to cause a scene
It just comes naturallyyyyyyy, naw the girl can’t help it….

Welk in this case, the OP may be hot as hell, but she is to blame in this case, abd us trying to cause a scene.

OP, looking good is its own reward. There’s not a hot woman in the world that doesn’t get special treatment everywhere she goes. Isn’t that enough? Why do you need all the likes?
Believe me, people notice. You don’t need to bring it to their attention.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
I just think you need to know the person you marry well enough to already know their boundaries before you marry them. If you don't want your spouse posting for attention online, then don't marry a thirsty person who posts for attention online.
I don’t disagree, but I have some experience with this.
My ex wife was a nice looking girl, but not a bikini model type. Wide hips which I liked, nice legs, but kinda barrel chested. Her younger sister had a great figure and was favored by her mom but was wild as hell. My ex seemed the opposite and as a whole, was pretty trustworthy I thought. I knew abd she admitted that she was always jealous of her sister and the attention she got from boys. Since smart phones and social media wasn’t a thing back then, I didn’t have a clue what an attention ***** she was. When she got a smart phone and started posting pictures on social media abd getting attention, she went berserk. Was having online and likely in person affairs with multiple guys at once.
Sometimes people don’t show their deep character flaws because the right stimulus to bring them out doesn’t happen often.
My point: Sometimes it’s hard to catch. And when a person is young and in love, they aren’t looking for red flags like a person my age.

I will say that both the OP ahusband probably love some attention and ego kibbles, and these type of people are playing with fire.

I think seeking ego kibbles is an addiction and like all addictions, gets worse and worse until it finally blows up.

OP,
You really need to see your behavior for what it is. There’s nothing to gain by seeking all these “likes”. Social media is a trap that lots and lots of people are allowing to destroy their lives.

I urge you to accept your husband’s request to stop it, and also urge you both to get out of the habit of looking for likes and such. It’s just a really bad habit that will eventually cost you both.

I saw on here a report one times they said 80% of divorce filings have the word fb in them now. I don’t know if it’s true, but social media is most definitely not a good thing for marriage.
And might I say, married women that are posting bikini pictures on social media…… anybody that sees it knows what that’s all about. That’s why you get the creeps.

money last thing, you know what the difference is between a creep and a regular guy? The creep is someone that isn’t attractive to the person being creeped out.

Eventually some really exceptionally handsome dude is going to put the feelers out and respond to your scandalous pics and you’re gonna like it. Downhill slope from there.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts

A woman’s social media page that is happy in her marriage and isn’t seeking make attention is totally obvious. There are very few pictures of her. They’re all if her kids or grandkids. Or her husband and kids and her in them. Rarely if ever would there be a swimsuit picture in then.

when a woman is posting pictures of her body on social media, let’s face it, she’s looking for something. And that something has zero to do with her husband. Same for the husband.

Want to know if a woman is looking? Simple. Her fb page is covered in pictures of herself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts